MT3 series 3rd function kit from Summit Hydraulics

/ MT3 series 3rd function kit from Summit Hydraulics #1  

PeteN

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2020 LS MT357HC
I was wondering if anyone has installed a 3rd function kit specifically on a MT3 series tractor with rear remotes. My dealer installs WR Long kits only but Summit indicated to me they put together a kit that fits this tractor series. I bought in and have seen some issues on installation. Any feedback?

/ MT3 series 3rd function kit from Summit Hydraulics
I'm thinking by the lack of replies that very few Summit kits have been sold for the MT3. With all the installation issues I have encountered I can understand why. Too bad since it seems to have a lot of promise just short on execution.

/ MT3 series 3rd function kit from Summit Hydraulics #3  
I'm thinking by the lack of replies that very few Summit kits have been sold for the MT3. With all the installation issues I have encountered I can understand why. Too bad since it seems to have a lot of promise just short on execution.
Summit, no. I installed a factory kit on a MT342, pretty easy to do.
Whats wrong with the Summit kit?

/ MT3 series 3rd function kit from Summit Hydraulics #4  
you should just state what is your problem ..
the Summit kits are straight forward at least mine was

Since you asked; Missing bolts to hold the solenoid to manifold, wrong size fittings for the hoses (-6 AN vs -8), thread galling on the straight threads of the fittings that fit into the aluminum manifold, can't install the power beyond port hose without grinding on a bracket for the loader valve, if I could get the PB hose installed the HST pedal linkage hits the hose before it gets to full travel, the hoses that attach to the diverter valve to the PB port and rear remotes are pointed right towards the rear tire inside the fender and are likely to get damaged, and some of the hoses are way too long. I have to give credit to Summit to get me the parts that were missing or damaged. I'm getting another set of fittings this week. I have been in contact with them for over 3 weeks with pics to show the issues so hopefully this raises awareness. One of the emails they sent me referred to needing to update the pick list of parts so maybe there have been some changes. Basically, if I had the correct parts at the beginning of the install I would have been happy with the kit - it definitely has some promise. I contacted Summit before I bought the kit and they inferred that they put the kit together themselves so I thought this would have been more straightforward. I've made some suggestions on hose routings and other items and they have been sending me extra fittings to get it fitted up. I'm kind of particular on setups so I may getting a little fussy on fitment. I agree that putting a 3rd function kit is a relatively simple task - if you have all the correct parts. I'll get there - I just was wondering if I was the beta installer for this kit. There were no reviews on the Summit website for the LS kits but the Kubota kits did have positive reviews. I've bought fittings from Summit before and this won't prevent me from buying from them again.

/ MT3 series 3rd function kit from Summit Hydraulics #6  
Sorry to hear about your woes!! I'm sure Summit
will make it right , as far as you being a Beta you would think
if they sell a kit then it's ready to go and install free of headaches.
keep us posted. all though these days it doesn't surprise me
that you still have to modify as needed to make things fit .
On my Summit kit i made a video and posted it on youtube
on how to and what i changed to better suit me .

Sorry to hear about your woes!! I'm sure Summit
will make it right , as far as you being a Beta you would think
if they sell a kit then it's ready to go and install free of headaches.
keep us posted. all though these days it doesn't surprise me
that you still have to modify as needed to make things fit .
On my Summit kit i made a video and posted it on youtube
on how to and what i changed to better suit me .
Is your video still out there? I've taken some pics of my install thus far and may post a few when I'm fully installed. I think with the time I have invested, a video would overload my phone storage.:rolleyes:

Update: found your video. Your install and parts are completely different than mine. My Summit diverter valve for the 3rd function is mounted below the right step.

Last edited: