mmm or rear finish mower

/ mmm or rear finish mower #21  
I can't remember from when I was shopping if the MMM could be left on with the BH on the Massey. It can with mine and both can be used as I've done a few times. I take it off in Winter since I don't need it, but I can easily do FEL and BH work with it on.

Oh yeh, it can be on, and sometimes I do leave it on, but only if there's something quick to do with the backhoe. Actually, it's nice to leave on sometimes, it adds ballast and lowers the COG.

But I don't want it on if I got a bunch of non-mowing stuff to do, especially when I'm scratching and pounding on stuff with the ratchet rake. One more thing to step over when climbing on the tractor, and the ground clearance issue when ripping out brush and leveling, that sorta thing.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #22  
I just got a 2018 GC1715 with a FEL, but no mower. So, by next spring I will need to add a mower to it. My little Kubota B7100 is just blowing too much smoke and running too hot anymore to cut 3 acres of sunny grass. So, my question is about what I can do for the price: Get a MMM new ($2,700?), or find a decent used rear finish deck and also a used small riding mower to finish around the trees and fence, etc. for a similar outlay of money?

I figure I will not be able to find a used MMM for it, and would have to buy a new one. But could find used rear decks out there. What do you think?

/ mmm or rear finish mower #23  
I just got a 2018 GC1715 with a FEL, but no mower. So, by next spring I will need to add a mower to it. My little Kubota B7100 is just blowing too much smoke and running too hot anymore to cut 3 acres of sunny grass. So, my question is about what I can do for the price: Get a MMM new ($2,700?), or find a decent used rear finish deck and also a used small riding mower to finish around the trees and fence, etc. for a similar outlay of money?

I figure I will not be able to find a used MMM for it, and would have to buy a new one. But could find used rear decks out there. What do you think?

Jerry if you are ok with used you might consider a used commercial z turn. You might be able to find a good used unit with plenty of life remaining for your budget.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #24  
Depending on property/obstacles, my vote would be MMM

They cut really well.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #25  

Depends on how many places you got to hit that a 60" deck wouldn't squeeze into. The 60" mmm is awesome, and lets you get real close up to the base of a tree. If I'm mowing with the massey, I just hit what I can't reach with my electric string trimmer, and call it a day.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #26  
Hello from CAPE BRETON!!!!!!!! Now this is me thinking and when I had my GC1725 I left the deck on all summer...I would purchase the mmm especially having the GC1715 (it will last forever) no matter how many or size lots you will need/want to cut. You will always need a small push mower no made if you have a zero turn or the massey GC with the mmm. The mmm gives a better cut/easier to use in small spaces and with the purchase of the gc, the price of the deck over the years of use/ you will have is very little.....my opinion.....Also check with the dealers on decks that my be left over from th previous year (when I purchased my GC..I was able to buy a deck from the previous year..it wasn't a drive over style deck......I lift my front wheels off the ground using the FEL...even my deck on my MF 1526 is not a drive over...use my FEL and works fine as I leave it on all summer.....Take care from Cape Breton Islan
dd....

/ mmm or rear finish mower #28  
If you are going to spend $2700 on a MMM think seriously about a separate mower like a front mount or zero turn. I used to mow everything with a rear mount on my 4410. It worked but I hated having to remove what ever implement was on the tractor and then mount the mower. And ya I know it's not much to actually do but I still don't like doing it when I'm tired after a week of work just to mow the lawn and then Monday morning turn around and take the mower off and add what implement I needed that day.

I bought my F935 and now I just go and mow the lawn when it needs it instead of when I can get to it with my tractor. The bonus is that if I'm tired or in a hurry I can put my wife on the front mount and I can use the rear mower on my tractor. We are then done in half the time.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #29  
I am looking to possibly buy a gc1725mb and was wondering if I should get the mmm or a rear finish mower. I have a husqvarna 54 inch mower and can use it around the house. I have about 3 acres I mow, mostly wide open.

Well did you buy one? No use giving an opinion if you got it already. If you got a tractor what did you decide on?

/ mmm or rear finish mower
Well did you buy one? No use giving an opinion if you got it already. If you got a tractor what did you decide on?
Sorry for the long absence. I lost my account but finally figured out how to get back in.
No I have not got a tractor yet. Going to check one other dealer near me on a gc1725mb to see if he has one in stock. There are a couple gc1723eb tractors in stock near me so I might end up buying one of them.
I decided to get a gravely proturn 460 zero turn earlier this year so I dont need a finish mower attachment. So with mowing taken care of it's time to get a dang tractor!