mmm or rear finish mower

/ mmm or rear finish mower #1  

Raines

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC1725MB, Gravely proturn 460
I am looking to possibly buy a gc1725mb and was wondering if I should get the mmm or a rear finish mower. I have a husqvarna 54 inch mower and can use it around the house. I have about 3 acres I mow, mostly wide open.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #2  
I've had both. Rear finish is my final choice. Easy to service, don't need mid-pto, can go much wider, many more brands and options available (side/rear discharge), and easier to hookup when the time comes. Only negative is storage when not in use.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #3  
Rear Finish Mower :thumbsup:

9-28-13.jpg8-11-13 (4).jpg

/ mmm or rear finish mower
nice!

do I need to stay with a 60 inch or can the gc1725 handle a 72inch rear mower?

/ mmm or rear finish mower #6  
I am looking to possibly buy a gc1725mb and was wondering if I should get the mmm or a rear finish mower. I have a husqvarna 54 inch mower and can use it around the house. I have about 3 acres I mow, mostly wide open.

I got a craftsman gt with a 50" deck, so wasn't looking for another mower. But the 60" mmm came with my gc1710. Alls I could say is that massey mmm is a friggin beast, love it! If I let my grass go a ways, that's the deck I use to mow, it plows through anything no problem.

I got a craftsman gt with a 50" deck, so wasn't looking for another mower. But the 60" mmm came with my gc1710. Alls I could say is that massey mmm is a friggin beast, love it! If I let my grass go a ways, that's the deck I use to mow, it plows through anything no problem.
Oh well that's good to hear. Does your mmm shoot the grass out fairly even? I know my husky likes to leave clumps even when the grass is short

/ mmm or rear finish mower #8  
Oh well that's good to hear. Does your mmm shoot the grass out fairly even? I know my husky likes to leave clumps even when the grass is short

Pretty evenly, I’ve never had clumping, even in heavier grass. 60” on a 1723e

I would vote for MMM, for maneuvering and sell the Husq.

How hard is it taking your mmm off and on? Looks like it is a drive over one they offer.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #10  

I wouldn't sell the husky, personally. This last mowing I did was the first time I had the mower deck on the massey all summer....it was busy being used as a loader/backhoe. All that stuff is "quick" detach, sure, but it's still a hassle to unhook all that, hook up the mower deck, and then reverse the whole process afterwards coz the tlb has jobs to do still. Very handy to have a backup mower.

And that's just for mowing. Just having another little tractor for moving a cart around is great. If I have a tree down far out back, I could run my craftsman with cart out there, pick up big tree limbs with the backhoe/thumb, cut them up right over the cart, drop them right in there...and haul all the stuff away in one or 2 shots.