mmm or rear finish mower

/ mmm or rear finish mower #11  
I had a MMM on a JD 770. I would never own one again. I see it as some kind of abonination. I hated how it ruined the ground clearance of the tractor and how the front wheels of the tractor would deposit mud on the deck.

Time is valuable. Get the widest pull type mower you can run and afford.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #12  
How hard is it taking your mmm off and on? Looks like it is a drive over one they offer.

For me, the 2 pains in the arse are hooking up the pto shaft, and also the pin on the front bracket needs a tap of the hammer to get it in and out. Even with that tho, it's still easier than hooking up the mower deck to my craftsman.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #13  
I still have to look after my old 770 with the MMM that I sold to a neighbor. It is not a drive over style. I lift the front of the tractor with a electric chain hoist. But, making physical contact with the PTO YOKE is almost impossible with the mower in place.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #14  
How hard is it taking your mmm off and on? Looks like it is a drive over one they offer.

About 5 minutes on both, take off and install.

3 spring pins and a drive shaft. (I leave the front carrier bracket attached to the deck)

Although I take it off and put it back on weekly, as my machine is only a mower at home, and is used commercially.

And yup drive over, that was one of the reasons I sold my 14’ 1710 and bought the 1723.

/ mmm or rear finish mower
About 5 minutes on both, take off and install.

3 spring pins and a drive shaft. (I leave the front carrier bracket attached to the deck)

Although I take it off and put it back on weekly, as my machine is only a mower at home, and is used commercially.

And yup drive over, that was one of the reasons I sold my 14’ 1710 and bought the 1723.
Ok good to know. Thanks. I think I might get the mmm after reading some of the comments here and plus it might help to sell it if I ever decided to. I was worried it would just be a bigger version of my husqvarna and just be a pain to take on and off but it seems like it will perform much better than I was thinking. I appreciate the insights. I might just get a bush hog type rear mower to go with it as I have an old tractor lane on the other side of my creek line I would like to be able to get under control.

/ mmm or rear finish mower #16  
Hello from Cape Breton... I had the GC1720 with a 54" mmm and loved the machine and the cut...(I also had/have a cub cadet with the same size deck, lots of hrs on it, 700 plus). I purchased a MF 1526 and now have a 60" mmm and love the quality of the cut and again how easy it is to operate (I cut a few residential lots 1/2 to 3/4 acre size). I tried the rear mower (loan from a friend, too much work around plants and trees on the smaller lots). I leave the mower on for the summer and still do other work with the tractor (16 months old and have 450 hrs on it). More ground clearance on the 1526 compared to the gc1720 with the deck on. I do not have the drive over deck, but lift the front wheel up by using the bucket to move the deck under the machine. Take care

/ mmm or rear finish mower #17  
Hi,

I think this depends on a couple factors. Cut quality and convenience. I have had three RFM units and two MMM's. For rear discharge on your tractor I like the Sitrec 60" model as it is quieter and cut quality of the 310GM New Holland rebrand was better than my PRD7200 Woods. If I was fussy about the cut I would choose the Massey MMM as a guy here has one and it does a fantastic job. My New Holland with the 914A rear discharge suspended deck also mows better than the 3 RFM's I have had.

Brian

Hello from Cape Breton... I had the GC1720 with a 54" mmm and loved the machine and the cut...(I also had/have a cub cadet with the same size deck, lots of hrs on it, 700 plus). I purchased a MF 1526 and now have a 60" mmm and love the quality of the cut and again how easy it is to operate (I cut a few residential lots 1/2 to 3/4 acre size). I tried the rear mower (loan from a friend, too much work around plants and trees on the smaller lots). I leave the mower on for the summer and still do other work with the tractor (16 months old and have 450 hrs on it). More ground clearance on the 1526 compared to the gc1720 with the deck on. I do not have the drive over deck, but lift the front wheel up by using the bucket to move the deck under the machine. Take care
Thank you for your input. This is exactly what I needed to hear (the reasons people like or dislike the mmm) to help with my decisions. Most of my work will be in my yard/field so ground clearance will not be an issue until I go to clear some of wood line and creek area. So most of the time I think I would be able to leave the mmm on.

Hi,

I think this depends on a couple factors. Cut quality and convenience. I have had three RFM units and two MMM's. For rear discharge on your tractor I like the Sitrec 60" model as it is quieter and cut quality of the 310GM New Holland rebrand was better than my PRD7200 Woods. If I was fussy about the cut I would choose the Massey MMM as a guy here has one and it does a fantastic job. My New Holland with the 914A rear discharge suspended deck also mows better than the 3 RFM's I have had.

Brian
Hello, well the wife and I both would like something that cuts better than my current mower. So really either the mmm or rfm will probably please us. But I am thinking the mmm might be worth it. Thanks for the input

/ mmm or rear finish mower #20  
This last mowing I did was the first time I had the mower deck on the massey all summer....it was busy being used as a loader/backhoe.

I can't remember from when I was shopping if the MMM could be left on with the BH on the Massey. It can with mine and both can be used as I've done a few times. I take it off in Winter since I don't need it, but I can easily do FEL and BH work with it on.