MMM for 4720?

/ MMM for 4720? #1  

9973720wb19

Platinum Member
Tractor
Many
Do any of you guys have a 4720 with a 72" MMM. I read on JD site, the deck will not work with R1s and R4s will rub when deck is fifted to transport mode. If you do have one, does it work okay? Is it worth it. My current tractor has a MMM which is easy to handle along fence line and trees. If you have a 4720 with a MMM, does it work okay? Also, how hard is the MMM (non-auto connect) to put on?

/ MMM for 4720? #2  
I have been following TBN for some time and have yet to find anyone using a mmm on a 4720. My recommendation is to have a separate riding mower for this activity.

/ MMM for 4720?
Thanks Steve. that's what I thought too and there's issues with tire rub using a mmm on the 4720. I have a 3720 and really hate to give up the AutoConnect MMM and the AC; but want a bigger tractor. I have a 997Z, but sometimes it's so hot I like the AC. I guess I could get a finish mower for the 4720, but it's not as nimble.

/ MMM for 4720? #4  
When I ordered my new 4720 this past spring, I ordered it with a MMM. It came in July and I remember the dealer said he would have to put some stop blocks on it so the deck would not hit the R4 rear tires. I had asked for an independent hydraulic cylinder to operate the mower. After he made the modifications, we were going over the tractor and I saw there was no independent ram for the MMM, he informed me that on this model the MMM was operated by the rockshaft only. Obliously there had been some miscommunication on this matter. I had them remove the MMM and bought the tractor without the MMM. I also purchased a 84" front mounted blade that I found on the internet & fabricated the mounts to fit the frame directly. The tractor continues to be a joy to operate.

JPC

/ MMM for 4720? #5  
Yeah, I don't think you want a MMM on a 4720...IMO. It is just way too big...

/ MMM for 4720? #6  
Thanks Steve. that's what I thought too and there's issues with tire rub using a mmm on the 4720. I have a 3720 and really hate to give up the AutoConnect MMM and the AC; but want a bigger tractor. I have a 997Z, but sometimes it's so hot I like the AC. I guess I could get a finish mower for the 4720, but it's not as nimble.

I would buy the 4720 without the mmm and buy a nice icechest to chill down some beers. It will be cheaper in the long run.:laughing: