Missing spring? Yanmar 169D

/ Missing spring? Yanmar 169D #1  

Nocturno

Tractor
169D Yan
Hey everyone!

Anyone else with a 169D, or someone that would know.

Attached a picture of my tractor, and a zoomed in picture. I think I am missing the governor spring, but I can't find any pictures of this area online.

If you have a 169D and can attach a pic of the same area, or if you know what part I should be looking for please help me out!

There is a ushaped flange/bracket and a block with holes in it that rotates. Seems like a spring would reach here.

Attachments

• 169D Highlighted.jpg
    169D Highlighted.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 85
  • 169D Zoomed.jpg
    169D Zoomed.jpg
    601.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230107_142943.jpg
    20230107_142943.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
   / Missing spring? Yanmar 169D #3  
Hey everyone!

Anyone else with a 169D, or someone that would know.

Attached a picture of my tractor, and a zoomed in picture. I think I am missing the governor spring, but I can't find any pictures of this area online.

If you have a 169D and can attach a pic of the same area, or if you know what part I should be looking for please help me out!

There is a ushaped flange/bracket and a block with holes in it that rotates. Seems like a spring would reach here.
Look at the parts manual link Winston gave. Now, look at the section for the fuek pump too.
Does then engine stall ir not idle? Then look at the thrittle lever friction discs to replace or beef up.

/ Missing spring? Yanmar 169D
Ok, not trying to be dumb on purpose, I went through each diagram multiple times, couldn't find the diagram highlighting this area.
But I will keep looking.

I noticed when rototilling it will just give up, and won't recover even if you manage to clutch before it stalls. It will just sit and idle even though the throttle is full open. So I shut it off and start it again, and it starts to have full power again.

Or it takes quite a long time to recover. Also won't idle lower than 1000, which some times you can get it to recover by pushing the throttle back up, other times no.

Edit:
So it looks like the engine stop device? And there is nothing between the lever with the rotating box, and the flange/bracket?

Last edited:
   / Missing spring? Yanmar 169D #5  
Ok, not trying to be dumb on purpose, I went through each diagram multiple times, couldn't find the diagram highlighting this area.
But I will keep looking.

I noticed when rototilling it will just give up, and won't recover even if you manage to clutch before it stalls. It will just sit and idle even though the throttle is full open. So I shut it off and start it again, and it starts to have full power again.

Or it takes quite a long time to recover. Also won't idle lower than 1000, which some times you can get it to recover by pushing the throttle back up, other times no.

Edit:
So it looks like the engine stop device? And there is nothing between the lever with the rotating box, and the flange/bracket?
FIrst, is the fuel fresh and a new fuel filter, bowl and o-ring? Old fuel and semi clogged injectors can cause your issues. If all that is resolved, the fuel pump and governor rack will need inspecting. The best person for this is member thepympguysc .

I change the fuel filter every spring. Fuel is most likely never more than 1 to 2 months old. I buy a barrel and add in the 1L of
Kleen-flo Diesel Conditioner, run the same fuel in my 1070 Case.

I put a new bowl and O ring on it I think 2 Springs ago.

The setup for in the third picture sure looks like a cable or a spring of some kind, but I can't find it in the manual. I've looked at it till my eyes crossed at this point. Like a cable being held in the flange.

Anyway appreciate the leads.

/ Missing spring? Yanmar 169D #7  
I don't know where you are located but if you look at figure 40, item 10, you will a stop cable that anchors on figure 31, item 7. The end of the cable then hooks to item 2 on the stop devise. You have got items 7 and 2 showing in you last picture. The stop cable is not shown on the US sold, that is why I wonder where you are located. Make sure item 31 is all the way forward. Referencing all this in the 169 parts manual. Here is a picture of my old 2002D with the same setup.

Attachments

• 100_3591.JPG
    100_3591.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Thank you! I am located in Manitoba, Canada.

Is there a Karma/Reward system?

This looks like it would work exactly like the shutoff cable on my Case 1070.

Pull it and it shuts off the fuel. So if that lever is moving on it's own. It is just randomly restricting fuel.

Which _could_ explain most of my problems!!!!!