Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #71  
Not in my wheelhouse
I'm not interested

Why be in battery threads if you hate them so bad.

To us talking about it in background you come off as a troll in threads to push your own agenda.

Why not stick to the gas ope threads and move on.

IMO it has nothing to do with green BS, but the ease of use and another tool in the quiver for 99.9% of us to choose from.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #72  
I checked one of these saws out at Blaine’s today, seemed cool and I like the top handle design, but damn is it heavy and it didn’t even have a battery in it. My Echo top handle weighs 3 pounds less! One of these days I will pick up a cordless saw to play with but I don’t think this one will be it.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #73  
Maybe I'm being pickey but this sounded like you switched over. If you divorce you don't normally keep the old flame around. :LOL:
Still have a couple 'old flames'... I have my ancient 028, an 075 and 090. The 75 and 90 are shelf queens now.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #74  

To us talking about it in background you come off as a troll in threads to push your own agenda.

IMO it has nothing to do with green BS, but the ease of use and another tool in the quiver for 99.9% of us to choose from.
I don't 'hate' anything. People use that word today way too loosely. I thought this was a chainsaw thread, not an exclusive electric chainsaw thread.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #76  
I could have used a battery saw today. Early morning next to a customers home. Kind of nice for small branch trimming. I’ll go in on one again when they improve. My DeWalt 60V just didn’t impress me enough to keep it around.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #77  
Hmmm name of thread we been posting here. Milwaukee Battery Top Handle Chainsaw. Seems that says BATTERY chainsaw to me.

Man look at all that battery ope stuff they offer. :oops: 😁

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #78  
I could have used a battery saw today. Early morning next to a customers home. Kind of nice for small branch trimming. I’ll go in on one again when they improve. My DeWalt 60V just didn’t impress me enough to keep it around.
Just sounds like you got the wrong saw for the job at hand. Maybe expecting to much.

There are tree guys that have to use batt saws in certain areas. Some of them been in cemetery's.

Heck seems like that has been for last 20 years or so too.

So having them top handles that are even the better more expense ones must be nice.

That little 2511 echo batt one says around same weight at their 2511 gas saw.

Most guys I knew owned the husky normal sized version in batt one.

/ Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #79  
Just finished reading a brand new (March 21, 2024) review on the DeWalt Top Handle 14” saw.
I might give one a try since I’m knee deep in DeWalt 60V batts.

They also offer a twin 40V battery saw. Now they just need to take it up to a twin 60V saw on a 20” bar and I’m in.

Last edited:
   / Milwaukee Battery Top Handle chainsaw #80  

"green" has nothing to do with me using battery.
Battery = QUIET. My ears ring 24/7, no need to make them worse. No smelling exhaust fumes, and basically zero maintenance.
If I am limbing, or cutting small saplings and need to move around a lot, I don't have to keep yanking that dang rope. Finger off trigger, stop. Finger back on trigger, start.