MF35?

/ MF35? #1  

jdeilus

Silver Member
Tractor
LS MT 125 (still waiting for delivery)
I am looking to by an old Massey Ferguson Tractor. It has a front-end Loader MF 34 L8110 and a Backhoe MF 54 Serial 1409007324. I believe it is a Massey Ferguson Tractor 35, but I am not positive. It is yellow and the serial number is 9A 173806. I am not sure if the "1" is a T or an I. (See Photo). Is it a 35 or a 135? The person who may sell it to me believes it is a 1960, 35.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 232
   / MF35? #2  
Do you have a picture of the machine?

/ MF35?
I will try to get the whole tractor in a Picture.

/ MF35?
Here are some pictures of the Tractor I am trying to verify if it is a 35 or 135.

Tractor 1.JPG
Tractor 2.JPG

/ MF35? #5  
Looks like is will need someone who knows his way around tractors, hydraulics and possibly welding. Are you that guy? I can see the loader was reinforced on both side of the lift arms. You will not be able to see how talented they were at their craft until you have the machine all aired up on level ground.

/ MF35?
Not experienced on tractors at all. Actually this is going to be given to me. I am trying to get the proper ID on it. The serial number is 9A 173806. I was told its a MF35, but I didn't think the MF35 serial number starts with a 9A. I notice the reinforcement too. I have a friend that is a professional welder Who can check it out.

/ MF35? #7  
Should be a 135. My dad had the farm tractor version that was a 35 and my brothers father in law had the same looking tractor but the industrial version with a backhoe and it was a 135. This one had a cab but other than that the same as in the picture. Even had the loader welded up in the same spot.

/ MF35? #9  
"Actually this is going to be given to me."

Oh, free is always cheaper. (almost) I was under the impression you were going to by it.
This way you can spend some time and money figuring out if it is worthy of fixing or just scrap. It will be a learning experience either way! I hope we can be of some help in your decision making process.

/ MF35?
The guy was originally going to sell it to me but, he know it needs a lot of work and the deal will be if he gives to me for free, I will let him use it when needed.
My son took the pictures. I will try to go out to look at this week. I know for a fact the Backhoe does not work. Basically I told him if it runs and can move. I will take it. At least I know the Engine and transmission is working. Still don't understand the serial number issue. The models of attachments on the 135 which I think is a 2135 Industrial, does not match what is on this tractor Loader MF 34 L8110 and a Backhoe MF 54 Serial 1409007324) compared to Loader MF100 and Backhoe 212 found on the Tractor Data site. I don't recall though the MF 35 having a serial number starting with 9A. I just want to make sure exactly what it is so I can get the proper manuals that will go with it. For a tractor to be free, I hope not to put in no more than $1500 to get the back hoe working and rear tire fixed (It looks like one is flat). I will defiantly let you all know if I get it and will send some before and after pics.