MF1250 coolant/circulation issue help

/ MF1250 coolant/circulation issue help #11  
yeah find way to hook pressure tester up. I suspect head gasket. that locking, even though only once, is telling.
is tester hooked up and not holding MAY be able to use stethoscope on valve cover and hear something...can;t say for sure.

/ MF1250 coolant/circulation issue help #12  
Before suspecting a blown head gasket I would check the thermostat and water pump. Not the same, but I had an old car that behaved the same way when the water pump was not pumping.

To check the pump, start it cold with the radiator cap off. You should see the coolant moving, especially if you raise the RPMs. You can also try squeezing the upper hose, should be pressure resistance. If the pump is working then I'd move on to the thermostat.

If you have a blown head gasket and you have antifreeze/coolant you might be able to smell it in the exhaust depending on how bad it is.

/ MF1250 coolant/circulation issue help #13  
pressure tester would also show that.
its a good tool to have around, just broke mine so gotta replace :(

/ MF1250 coolant/circulation issue help
I've got the parts manual for it. Thinking about replacing the radiator cap and thermostat just because they're cheap and probably original. It is a low hour tractor though with only 600 hours.

I'll also do the above recommended this evening to see if it could be the water pump.

Anyone know if like Autozone or Advance loan a tool program would have a pressure tester?

/ MF1250 coolant/circulation issue help #16  
Anyone know if like Autozone or Advance loan a tool program would have a pressure tester?
think thats location specific, have borrowed one from one in one town and town on other side of me did not have one.

/ MF1250 coolant/circulation issue help #17  
I've got the parts manual for it. Thinking about replacing the radiator cap and thermostat just because they're cheap and probably original. It is a low hour tractor though with only 600 hours.

I'll also do the above recommended this evening to see if it could be the water pump.
In my sometimes humble opinion I do not think that the problems you describe can be attributed to a water pump, a thermostat or a radiator cap or any combination of them.

If you are in close working relationship with a repair shop (auto or tractor) they might be willing to loan you a pressure test kit overnight or something. If you have a way to move the tractor to them they might even run the pressure test for you for darn near nothing. This is not a hard one. I bought mine thru Amazon. This one costs $48. Good for virtually any radiator you will ever encounter.

Rad Test Kit.jpg

Completely different behavior cold starting it a few minutes ago. Within a few seconds I could see the water rising (had the cap off) and eventually start flowing from the over flow tube. I couldn't see any signs of water flowing through the system. Within 5 or so minutes the water was pretty warm though and Within 10 minutes it was warm enough to see vapor coming from it. Not hot enough to burn my finger.

Squeezing the tube didn't offer much resistance but did visibility raise the water level (cap was off)

/ MF1250 coolant/circulation issue help #19  
In my sometimes humble opinion I do not think that the problems you describe can be attributed to a water pump, a thermostat or a radiator cap or any combination of them.

If you are in close working relationship with a repair shop (auto or tractor) they might be willing to loan you a pressure test kit overnight or something. If you have a way to move the tractor to them they might even run the pressure test for you for darn near nothing. This is not a hard one. I bought mine thru Amazon. This one costs $48. Good for virtually any radiator you will ever encounter.

View attachment 827371
that this one? the ZJERYL GULL 18pcs
I have saved in list to purchase

Local Advanced Auto has a tester I'll grab tomorrow. Basically you buy it then get a refund when you bring it back. Theirs is a ridiculous $270 though lol