MF 205 Diesel Question

/ MF 205 Diesel Question #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
You may recognize from previous posts that the head on my MF 205 diesel manufactured by Toyosha cracked and I had some difficulty locating a replacement, AGCO no longer stocked them as OP. Thanks to a few of you I was able to identify the make and model of the engine and did eventually locate and obtained one at a very reasonable price. My associate (an engine re builder) and I then redid the engine. The cylinders and the bearings were all in good shape and we did reseat the valves after the head was pressure tested etc. We were able to obtain all the new gaskets and valve seals etc.

My question at this time: After reassembly and all the necessary repair steps, I went to start it today and she turns over very nicely, etc. But she won't fire, even after 2 to 3 minute heating of the glow plugs. Does one have to prime the fuel? I ask this from the stand point that on my Oliver 880 diesel there is a small lever pump to fill ther fuel intake if I let it run out(empty). Now on my Caterpillar D-6 you never let it run dry, I for get how to re-prime it. On the MF 205 the fuel line is open from the tank and the sediment bowl is full. there was no debris in the line. Could there be an air bubble in the line going from the sediment bowl to the injector pump and if so how is it purged?

Thank You for your help.

Remember: Its only a problem when there are no solutions.

/ MF 205 Diesel Question #2  
Try replacing the Fuel Filter That should fix it right up.

You may recognize from previous posts that the head on my MF 205 diesel manufactured by Toyosha cracked and I had some difficulty locating a replacement, AGCO no longer stocked them as OP. Thanks to a few of you I was able to identify the make and model of the engine and did eventually locate and obtained one at a very reasonable price. My associate (an engine re builder) and I then redid the engine. The cylinders and the bearings were all in good shape and we did reseat the valves after the head was pressure tested etc. We were able to obtain all the new gaskets and valve seals etc.

My question at this time: After reassembly and all the necessary repair steps, I went to start it today and she turns over very nicely, etc. But she won't fire, even after 2 to 3 minute heating of the glow plugs. Does one have to prime the fuel? I ask this from the stand point that on my Oliver 880 diesel there is a small lever pump to fill ther fuel intake if I let it run out(empty). Now on my Caterpillar D-6 you never let it run dry, I for get how to re-prime it. On the MF 205 the fuel line is open from the tank and the sediment bowl is full. there was no debris in the line. Could there be an air bubble in the line going from the sediment bowl to the injector pump and if so how is it purged?

Thank You for your help.

Remember: Its only a problem when there are no solutions.

/ MF 205 Diesel Question #3  
I have a MF 205-4 four wheel drive, Diesel. All of a sudden it started pouring oil out of the Bell Housing, And later started leaking oil out of the Starter. I am not sure where it is coming from. Any Idea's. It seems to be losing power. at least it doesn't seem to have the power it used to have. I was going to replace the Rear Main. But I can't find one of those either. Does any one have any idea where I could find a replacement engine (two Cylinder Diesel ) or anything that would work. Or even know of anyone that would rebuild the one I have????? HELP!!!!!

/ MF 205 Diesel Question
Roger B: I am the fella who about 2 years ago had trouble with my MF 205 Diesel. It would crank but would not start up. Eventually we determined that the head was cracked. My engine is a Toyosha 2cyl S107MO 3129. I searched all over and could not come up with a replacement. By pure accident I had to deliver 2 of my grandchildren to their fathers's mother and we usually meet half way between Toledo and she in Cincinnati. For some reason, I can not recall, I got the address of a used implement dealer in Bellfontain, Oh I think I was looking for a Cub Cadet part. As I walked into what looked like a scrap yard office, he had several MF signs hanging and ? petal cart MF tractor. I asked him about my particular head and he had a couple on the shelf.

I am not sure if you and I have the same problem however. I have an Oliver 880 diesel and years back diesel started pouring out from the oil pan. The fuel pump worked off a cam shaft and the rubber diaphragm which pumped the fuel cracked and the fuel then entered the crankcase.

In any case, I am sure you can get advice or parts or repair from:

Aaron Helman
Worldwide Tractor Parts
322 Lawrence Ave
Bellfontain, Oh
800-755-2605
937-599-2605

Hid Dad ran the Maple wood Implement which was a MF dealer before they folded in the States and he impressed me as to being very knowledgeably about the MF tractors. .

Let me know if this is of help to you.

Docrocky