McCormick Model 45 Baler Parts

/ McCormick Model 45 Baler Parts #1  

HarryVanderpool

Gold Member
I have a McCormick Model 45 baler that has been one of the most dependable machines imaginable.
Well, today one of the bill hooks broke.
Calling around to the dealers, they really don't know anything about such an old model.
Anyone out ther know if the bill hook crosses over to other or newer models?
For now I am paying a neighbor to finish baling my field.
But I am going to fix my baler, one way or another.
Any suggestions appreciated other than to buy a new one which is not going to happen.

/ McCormick Model 45 Baler Parts #2  
Take a look at the 47 baler knotter, that one crosses to knotters all the way up to the 445 IH baler and is available although the price may be prohibitive for new.

/ McCormick Model 45 Baler Parts #3  
I found this thread, on another site concerning the 45 & 46. Today's Tractors :: View topic - IH McCormick baler

It may save you some time. Part way down, it shows the part numbers for the 45 & 46 bill hooks, and they are different. Also a reply that they are not interchangable.

You might want to try saving a search to ebay. I have one to look for things like this for my ole' JD 14T. I got two NOS bill hooks for it several years back for about $40.00.

Depending on how bad you want one.... I did a Google search,and came up with this. Google Translate

It's in Poland, and not sure what the exchange rate is, or what shipping is. But they seem to have them..!!

/ McCormick Model 45 Baler Parts #4  
The models 45, 47, 420, 430, 440 balers all used the same knotter parts. You could check some salvage yards and see if they have any of the balers that parts would work on yours.