Max 28 XL Loader Quick Attach?

/ Max 28 XL Loader Quick Attach? #1  

mitchash

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra MAX 28XL, Jinma 254 (Sold)
My Max 28 that I bought last spring does not have a quick attack loader bucket. I thought I seen on here someone had a new Max 26 that did have a quick attack loader bucket? Is there any way this could be adapted to the Max 28? If so how much? I do have a set of fork lift forks that I had a quick attach plate on. Now I was going to make a pin on plate and use it on the three point hitch.

/ Max 28 XL Loader Quick Attach? #2  
There are some folk that have made their own and I think there was a company that at one time was going to produce a pin on SSQA loader adapter but I'm not sure what ever became of them. You can search the web and this site for "Mahindra Max SSQA" and find some results.

The biggest challenge with doing such a thing is you're hanging a couple hundred extra pounds of weight between the pins and the load which moves the load out farther from the tractor. That in turn reduces the overall lift capacity by well more than the amount of weight added by the SSQA hardware because the load is out farther. It also can reduce the stability of the machine at full capacity and height. Just moving the load out away from the tractor a couple inches can really change the center of gravity fast.

/ Max 28 XL Loader Quick Attach? #3  
The biggest challenge with doing such a thing is you're hanging a couple hundred extra pounds of weight between the pins and the load which moves the load out farther from the tractor. That in turn reduces the overall lift capacity by well more than the amount of weight added by the SSQA hardware because the load is out farther. It also can reduce the stability of the machine at full capacity and height. Just moving the load out away from the tractor a couple inches can really change the center of gravity fast.

If the new Max26 has the same loader AND the new QA, there shouldn't be much lost retrofitting it onto a Max28, don't you think?

/ Max 28 XL Loader Quick Attach? #4  
I dunno on aftermarket, but I doubt the QA setup on the max26 adds a couple hundred pounds of weight, I would think (looking at it) 50, maaybe 100 total

/ Max 28 XL Loader Quick Attach? #5  
I dunno on aftermarket, but I doubt the QA setup on the max26 adds a couple hundred pounds of weight, I would think (looking at it) 50, maaybe 100 total

I am wondering.... Do you find that the Quick Attach is really an asset? I have looked at the "Everything Attachments Web site" and they will get you set up with the QA. It is somewhat expensive, and will require some modification to the O.E. bucket.

My brother is in the (scrap business) and gave me a set of forks without the mounting hardware to attach them to. That same site mentioned above has the 'backboard' to retrofit them to the tractor. I looked into the idea of a quick attach myself....but am worried about the added weight and reduction in lift. So my quandary is; "Is it that hard to pop the pins and attach the different implement"? Are the buckets on these tractors hard to maneuver when unattached? They are smaller in size so my predicament is go ahead and fab a pin on forklift attachment..... but that is a lot of work to find out that I should have went on and done the QA thing.

/ Max 28 XL Loader Quick Attach? #6  
So my quandary is; "Is it that hard to pop the pins and attach the different implement"? Are the buckets on these tractors hard to maneuver when unattached?

Yes trying to align the pins is a challenge even with the smaller bucket. If you can get the top pins in then the bottoms become easier since you can now lift the bucket and tilt (dump) it until the bucket swings somewhat free making aligning the two bottom pins a tad easier. Another problem is the grease. On my loader all of these pins are greased and also have anti rotation pins (bolts) that would require the pins be installed in a certain orientation.

The attachment is a picture of a semi-pin on quick-tach conversion.

Attachments

• QA-System.jpg
    QA-System.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 3,569
   / Max 28 XL Loader Quick Attach? #7  
I am wondering.... Do you find that the Quick Attach is really an asset? ------------------. So my quandary is; "Is it that hard to pop the pins and attach the different implement"? Are the buckets on these tractors hard to maneuver when unattached? They are smaller in size so my predicament is go ahead and fab a pin on forklift attachment..... but that is a lot of work to find out that I should have went on and done the QA thing.
My suggestion is, remove the bucket, drive the tractor around and put it back on. Do it again to see if it is any easier the second time. That might convince you to go with a QA.

/ Max 28 XL Loader Quick Attach? #8  
You both make a good point! Quick Attach is a good thing; but maybe I should give it a shot and remove the bucket as you suggested. Take it off and put it back on. To see for myself just how difficult it is.

I pose one last question, "how often do you use the QA on your loaders"? Once a month, or couple of times a year?

/ Max 28 XL Loader Quick Attach? #9  
It would have been nice to up the curl cylinders to 40mm from 35 mm when they add the SSQA

/ Max 28 XL Loader Quick Attach? #10  
I am wondering.... Do you find that the Quick Attach is really an asset? I have looked at the "Everything Attachments Web site" and they will get you set up with the QA. It is somewhat expensive, and will require some modification to the O.E. bucket.

My brother is in the (scrap business) and gave me a set of forks without the mounting hardware to attach them to. That same site mentioned above has the 'backboard' to retrofit them to the tractor. I looked into the idea of a quick attach myself....but am worried about the added weight and reduction in lift. So my quandary is; "Is it that hard to pop the pins and attach the different implement"? Are the buckets on these tractors hard to maneuver when unattached? They are smaller in size so my predicament is go ahead and fab a pin on forklift attachment..... but that is a lot of work to find out that I should have went on and done the QA thing.

I may get a set of pallet forks from the dealer at some point (assuming they're offered... I imagine they are), but it wasn't a must-have for me. I've taken the bucket off once, and that was to weld stuff to it a bit easier. It's nifty I reckon, and for someone who plans to use the loader for more than material moving probably a nice feature to have.

bigger curl cylinders would have been nice, esp for popping things up outa the ground (like.. smallish trees), but that probably plays into the strength of the loader as a whole.