Massey 1526

/ Massey 1526 #21  
Hello,
The Massey weight is a little more then the B2601 (good for the snow and earth moving), but doesn't harm the lawns, lighter than the CK.... I have a single axle (5500 lb) trailer and works great with the tractor on it. I didn't get the opportunity to test drive the Kubota. I use a Kubota BX 25 series and over all, rather the feeling/performance of the massey. I had great luck with the GC1720 so I stayed with the Massey, even with the distance to their shop, great dealer to deal with and Massey feels better in the seat, to me.

Take care
Hey M J S ! how is your M-F 1526 performing? Just curious, I bought mine new in 2018 with out any options & I mostly wanted it to work with my dump truck with fel & 4wd , & to work with my 1959 M-F 50 & this tractor had a big influence in me sticking with Massey-Ferguson & I have had the 50 for 25 years & still use it year round. & as far as the M-F 1526 goes I have no regrets & she has performed all the task that I have to do with her, & so far so good (y). IMG_20201003_134009.jpg

/ Massey 1526 #22  
Hello bud....I have 552 hrs on the tractor and still liking it. Put 6 hrs on it today cutting grass at my cabin (first time this year getting to cabin due to COVID..it was like a hay field.had to be cut twice (60" mmm). I love the tractor, easy to use and fun....My neighbour just purchased (few weeks ago) a new B2601 Kubota. The tractor has a few more nice features such as arm rest on the seat....a smaller and more practical ROPS ..lever for the FEL on the fender ..deeper bucket and holes drilled to add on a cutting blade..but.....the machine cost more and has smaller rear tires and the lift capacity (Kubota FEL) is a slight less .

/ Massey 1526 #23  
Hello bud....I have 552 hrs on the tractor and still liking it. Put 6 hrs on it today cutting grass at my cabin (first time this year getting to cabin due to COVID..it was like a hay field.had to be cut twice (60" mmm). I love the tractor, easy to use and fun....My neighbour just purchased (few weeks ago) a new B2601 Kubota. The tractor has a few more nice features such as arm rest on the seat....a smaller and more practical ROPS ..lever for the FEL on the fender ..deeper bucket and holes drilled to add on a cutting blade..but.....the machine cost more and has smaller rear tires and the lift capacity (Kubota FEL) is a slight less .
Hey M J S ! Sounds like your getting it to work for You , I'm almost embarrassed to say that You have almost 500 more hours on her then mine , At least I've got that to look forward to & I should be able to get some seat time next week doing some road repair :whistle:! along with M-F 50 I got a couple more rounds to split & put the the 3 point wood splitter away & so the 50 & the 1526 will be working together doing road work & I agree with You the 1526 is a very comfortable tractor to have seat time in:cool: & I'm quite happy with her, Anyhow have fun & be safe & thank You for your reply(y).

/ Massey 1526 #24  
I'm looking at several tractors one being the 1526 massey. I was just curious if anyone here has any experience with these. They seem like really nice little tractors. Also wondering what the average out the door price would be on these.
Hey Fordman98 ! Did You ever find the 1526 You looking for ? & have You checked out the newer 1526H still pretty much the same tractor! But has the quick disconnect for the FEL & there is a video of the new 2021 M-F 1526 on You Tube by V/I . I bought mine new in 2018 & so far the tractor has performed flawlessly! & did You find any tractor yet ? I hope things are working out for You (y).

/ Massey 1526
I actually ended up going with a kioti ck3510se. Decided for the work I needed to do around the property the higher lifting capacity would be a major benefit. The kioti just had a lot more features standard than Massey. So far extremely happy with it!

/ Massey 1526 #26  
I actually ended up going with a kioti ck3510se. Decided for the work I needed to do around the property the higher lifting capacity would be a major benefit. The kioti just had a lot more features standard than Massey. So far extremely happy with it!
Hey Fordman98 ! Glad here You found a tractor that meets your needs :cool:! Even if it's not a M-F:(, Thanks for the reply & have fun & be safe doing it with your Kioti CK3510SE(y).

/ Massey 1526 #27  
I actually went to harmony outdoors to check the 1526 out. Definitley seem like a good dealership. I also looked at the 1734e specs but they didn't have one to check out while I was there. I liked the 1526 because it was a bit smaller which should fit in my woods better.

How do you like the 1734e?
GC owner here. I am waiting to see if Massey will update the 1526. I do struggle a bit with it being almost the same price as a 1700/1800 series though. GCs are just such tough little tractors the 1526 barely is more HP, size, and lift capacity. However locally my dealer has started carrying Yanmar. If you're looking at a 1526 Massey for size/space considerations also check out the Yanmar 324 and 424. Those look like excellent machines and they have a 10yr warranty. The 424 is the same tractor at 324 except for higher ground clearance. It's meant more for woods

/ Massey 1526 #29  
I have a GC as well perfectly happy just need something a little larger. On the fence with 1526 or B2601/LX2610
Got have a little input on the subject ! When I originally bought my M-F 1526 I also was on the fence between this tractor & a GC series & granted engine HP is almost the same on the the higher end GC 1725 but it has less at the PTO & less lift height on the FEL & after all it is SCUT & the reason I went with the 1526 mainly it was a different class all together & quite bigger as a compact & fit the needs my older tractor didn't mostly the FEL & 4wd to work with my 1 ton dump truck & the 1526 had a higher lift & capacity on the FEL & some people think the body design is dated but it is what keeps the price down on this model & IMHO I like the retro look & this platform has been quite successful for Massey-Ferguson it works & like my 1959 M-F 50 the 2018 M-F 1526 is a tough & reliable work horse & for me It's a keeper.
IMG_20201003_134009.jpg
IMG_20201003_134009.jpg