Massey 1526

/ Massey 1526 #1  

Fordman98

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kgro
I'm looking at several tractors one being the 1526 massey. I was just curious if anyone here has any experience with these. They seem like really nice little tractors. Also wondering what the average out the door price would be on these.

/ Massey 1526 #3  
I'm looking at several tractors one being the 1526 massey. I was just curious if anyone here has any experience with these. They seem like really nice little tractors. Also wondering what the average out the door price would be on these.

I looked at the 1526 first, then decided on the 1734E. It was virtually the same price, and the 1734E is larger, has more power, weight, lift capacity etc. When I bought mine from Harmony Outdoors in Auburn, they could get a 1526, but after it was shipped to the dealership there was only a few hundred dollar difference between the 2. I would expect to pay about $17,000 +/- depending on dealership.

/ Massey 1526
I actually went to harmony outdoors to check the 1526 out. Definitley seem like a good dealership. I also looked at the 1734e specs but they didn't have one to check out while I was there. I liked the 1526 because it was a bit smaller which should fit in my woods better.

How do you like the 1734e?

/ Massey 1526 #5  
I actually went to harmony outdoors to check the 1526 out. Definitley seem like a good dealership. I also looked at the 1734e specs but they didn't have one to check out while I was there. I liked the 1526 because it was a bit smaller which should fit in my woods better.

How do you like the 1734e?

Best investment we have ever made. We have about 11 acres and I have used it for lots of different things. I have a wooded area, and the 1734 does well even thought it is a bit larger. The extra weight has been appreciated when using ground-engaging implements, but it isn't so much that it does damage. Brian is who I dealt with. They are a family dealership and have always helped me out. I have had zero issues with mine.

/ Massey 1526 #6  
The 1526 (and 1529) were discontinued for a while, but brought back to life by popular demand. The newer 1726E is physically larger and heavier, made to compete with the Kubota L2501, so without the 1500 series, Massey had a big gap in their model line up. Anyway, the 1526 is a great little tractor...most comparable to the Kubota B series. More flow and capacity than the GC1700 series, 3 range hydro, bigger tires with more ground clearance. Mid PTO to run a MMM, which you can't get until you go up to the 1700 premium series, which is way heavier than I would want running around my residential yard! I would says it's a tried-and-true design. Been around for while without any major known issues that I am aware of.

HOWEVER....at least on the Massey site, the MSRP for a 1526 is $1000 more than for a 1726E. So unless you really need that mid PTO, or really need a smaller machine, I would go with the 1726E.

/ Massey 1526 #7  
Hello, did you purchase the MF1526 and if you did, is it what you expected. I am going to look at a 1526 later this week wanting to move up from the GC1720...not sure if it will be enough of a difference....Thanks and take care.

/ Massey 1526
Hello, did you purchase the MF1526 and if you did, is it what you expected. I am going to look at a 1526 later this week wanting to move up from the GC1720...not sure if it will be enough of a difference....Thanks and take care.
I have not made my purchase yet. Unfortunately some things didnt work out they way I planned and now have to wait a little longer for the finaces to be there.

However continuing to look at all the different tractors this size, I'm leaning towards either the massey 1526 or the rk24. I think the 1526 seems like a good step up from the GC series.

/ Massey 1526 #10  
Love my 1526. Just the right size and power to do it all.