Massey 1526

/ Massey 1526 #11  
Hello Jay.....I have 33 hrs on my 1526 now and like you, great purchase. The only con I have to date is the size of the ROPS (large) and how it leans forward (pushes tree branches down towards the driver when in the up position and then sticks out to far towards the rear in the down position).

/ Massey 1526 #12  
Yes the ROPS design is nonsense . I had it folded back for a while but got tired of bashing my head when changing attachments. I took the top half off at the pivot. Problem solved.

/ Massey 1526 #13  
Yes the ROPS design is nonsense . I had it folded back for a while but got tired of bashing my head when changing attachments. I took the top half off at the pivot. Problem solved.
You know if the ROPS is in the operating position you wont bash your head on it and it may actually prevent traumatic head injuries should you experience a rollover.

I know, I know.....call me the safety police.
I try not to say anything but with several tractor accidents being posted here just in the past few months, safety is at the forefront of thought.

/ Massey 1526 #14  
Haha. Yessir. I Appreciate that safety devices are put in place for a reason. I feel however if I roll my tractor over myself, the world is trying to tell me something and natural selection is doing it's job.

/ Massey 1526 #15  

The ROPS design is beyond nonsense... it's terrible. No other Massey has a ROPS this tall and angled this far forward. I used to store mine down and then put it up after I cut around some trees, but I just gave up and leave it down all of the time, now. (I have bumped my head a few times when hooking up an attachment
)

/ Massey 1526 #16  
I am looking at 1526 vs B2601 vs CK2510HST

its wierd, all other brands seem to advertise well and keep their specs updated, by Massey falls short here. if you go to find details around 1526 its scarce, no youtube videos, and even their website is lacking. The website and documentation clearly states loader for example lifts 892lbs. Well this document I found when building shows the new loader lifting 1200. Always been a poor part of the massey.

Sorry long short I am looking to upgrade from my current 1700 series to something a little heaver and bigger as my new property is a little more hilly and unlevel, the poor little 1700 just doesnt have the ground clearance or weight. Its mostly used for snowblowing and propery work like digging out stumps building trail etc.

any thoughts? I am leaning towards 2601 or the kioti but I have loved my little massey, but I feel like Massey 1526 is a little behind the package outside of the hydro linked peddles, thats pretty sweet.

https://agco.bigmachines.com/bmfsweb/agco/image/StandardFeatures/MF1526.pdf

/ Massey 1526 #17  
I love the 1526, but the website and manuals are weak... Agco needs to promote the brand. I priced a JD 2 Series and looked at a New Holland and while I liked the 1526 better, I really bought it because of the dealer. The best online info is at Vahrenberg Implement Home Page

/ Massey 1526 #18  
Hello from Cape Breton;
I had the GC1720 and then in May of 2019 I purchased the MF1526. I looked at the B2601 (Kubota dealer only 25 min drive away) not totally impressed with the machine and the dealership (sales person). I also looked at the CK2510 as the Massey dealer in New Glasgow (3 hr drive from my home). I was impressed with the 1526 when I took it for a drive. The 1526 compared to the GC1720, two different tractors, drive and power. pushing/pulling. I have the the mid-mount Mower, a rear blade and weight box (Q. A.), and Q. A front bucket. The 3 speed trans makes all the difference in the world when driving on the road. I have the turf tires and the rear are filled. I have 194 hrs on mine as of yesterday. I use mine for lawn care and working on my wooded lot in summer and for snow removal in the winter.
No major problems with the machine, only had to replace an O ring on a hose (warranty last week)

/ Massey 1526 #19  
Hello from Cape Breton;
I had the GC1720 and then in May of 2019 I purchased the MF1526. I looked at the B2601 (Kubota dealer only 25 min drive away) not totally impressed with the machine and the dealership (sales person). I also looked at the CK2510 as the Massey dealer in New Glasgow (3 hr drive from my home). I was impressed with the 1526 when I took it for a drive. The 1526 compared to the GC1720, two different tractors, drive and power. pushing/pulling. I have the the mid-mount Mower, a rear blade and weight box (Q. A.), and Q. A front bucket. The 3 speed trans makes all the difference in the world when driving on the road. I have the turf tires and the rear are filled. I have 194 hrs on mine as of yesterday. I use mine for lawn care and working on my wooded lot in summer and for snow removal in the winter.
No major problems with the machine, only had to replace an O ring on a hose (warranty last week)

Wow thanks so much for the details, sounds like you have a similar usecase and looked at similar tractors. I love my GC 17 its just a little too small and light, power wise i was ok with it, but the 3 speed hydro was definitely a plus on it. Were there items or specs on the 1526 you liked more than the 2601?

/ Massey 1526 #20  
Hello,
The Massey weight is a little more then the B2601 (good for the snow and earth moving), but doesn't harm the lawns, lighter than the CK.... I have a single axle (5500 lb) trailer and works great with the tractor on it. I didn't get the opportunity to test drive the Kubota. I use a Kubota BX 25 series and over all, rather the feeling/performance of the massey. I had great luck with the GC1720 so I stayed with the Massey, even with the distance to their shop, great dealer to deal with and Massey feels better in the seat, to me.

Take care