Oil & Fuel maintenance

/ maintenance #21  
After the initial 50 hr. service it is:
Engine oil & filter @ 100 hr. intervals
Hydraulic & Hydrostatic filters @ 200 intervals (every other engine oil change)
Hydraulic/Hydrostatic fluid @ 400 hr. instervals (every 4th engine oil change).

/ maintenance
well i hit the bobcat dealer today got all my filters{except air} 2.5 gallons of hydro fluid for $115.00 bucks.not as expensive as i thought.talking to the parts guy he told me all they do for the 50hr service is change engine oil all filters and top of the the fluids so i figure if they can get away with it why can't i.i also picked up 2 gallons of rottela t6 5w-40 at the parts store that cost me more than the bobcat hydro fluid[$58] .in other words for a couple hundred bucks and a few hours of my time i'm getting a 50hr service for a quarter of the price of a dealer.that sounds good to me.:thumbsup:

/ maintenance #23  
You might have issues trying a warranty claim if BC asks to see the receipt for HYD fluid. Now...I'm not getting into the OEM vs. generic fluid arguement. But not changing the fluid could void your warranty.

/ maintenance
i agree with you canada but it took me a year and a half to put 50hrs on my machine and most of those hrs were from this year.from what i remember the warrenty is only for two years i think i'll be safe. thanks again everyone.

/ maintenance #25  
Just was quoted by my dealer for the 50hr service on my CT440. Said they would change fluid in the front axle, transmission differential and engine oil. Change oil filter, hydraulic filter, and hydrostatic filter. Price of $750. I live only about 20 miles from my dealer and thats doing at my location.

Think i may be doing a little DIY on this one. My only concern is that making sure everything is checked over on this first one but not sure the price difference is worth it.

/ maintenance #26  
Since it took you a year and half the get to first 50 hrs. you probably won't have a problem befor your warranty runs out, but you do have 3 year on the engine (internal parts), hydrostatic drive, and the gera case. If you did not chage the fluid at 50 hrs. and had a problem later on Bobcat will not consider any warranty coverage due to lack of recommended PM maintenance.

/ maintenance #27  
Just was quoted by my dealer for the 50hr service on my CT440. Said they would change fluid in the front axle, transmission differential and engine oil. Change oil filter, hydraulic filter, and hydrostatic filter. Price of $750. I live only about 20 miles from my dealer and thats doing at my location.

Think i may be doing a little DIY on this one. My only concern is that making sure everything is checked over on this first one but not sure the price difference is worth it.

Doing your own service is not an issue, just be sure you use the fluid and fiters prescribed by Bobcat. No manufacturer can dictacte that the dealer has to prefom the service, only tha tit has to be done. Be sure to check bolt torques on wheel lug nuts, loader mount frame bolts, and transmission tunnel.

/ maintenance #28  
took in my BC tractor for it's fifty hour maintenance/service--BC dealer was great shop: foreman explained alot & I didn't experience any outragous charges:thumbsup: But dealer was also very busy and his shop was a mess-- my tractor left dirtier than it went in--I'm pretty fussy about dirt in my cab or on my tractor. I normally grease with a rag in hand to clean off zerk before and after greasing. I know that if service would have been in my own shop it would have been every bit the quality of my dealer without the mess, but I wanted them to service for warantee reasons/complications.:D

I'll get the next service work myself, but I'll negotiate the price of the filters because I have a price now, just in case they try to beat me up at the parts counter, the hydraulic filter is a bit spendy and no cross reference availible to a wix or fleet guard filter or other quality filter at the present time.

I am pleased with my BC purchases so far.

Newhouse5148la

/ maintenance #29  
Newhouse....what did they hit you up for the 50 hour service. I will most likely need mine about sometime in September, have about 40 hours on my CT235 now. If you don't mind posting, let us know what the dealer charged for the 50 hour service. Thanks!

/ maintenance #30  
totsl cost with trucking of tractor from my place to shop and back was $625:) Had to truck about 45 miles one-way. the hydraulic filter alone was $143--also hydraulic oil had to be BC brand.

I was charged 2.5 hours labor--reasonalble I thought:thumbsup:

Hope this helps-- also I have a CT335, it may have different requirements than the CT235

Newhouse5148la