Oil & Fuel maintenance

/ maintenance #1  

louigison

a little bit past my 50hr service i have my automotive parts guy checking on filters for me but i was looking at the service intervals and it's a little confusing just want to make sure i'm reading it right since this is my first tractor.I'm basically changing all fluids now and then doing the regular maintenance stuff that is shaded in the schedule at those hourly intervals there after.Is that correct? and also what have you diyers been useing for the hydro fluid don't want to go back to my dealer for anything unless i have to [bad experiance]. also is there synthetic hydro fluid or should i just stick with regular fluid. thanks for the help in advance.

/ maintenance #2  
These are the fluids that I used on the 50 hr service. I'm gonna stick with the Bobcat trans/diff. fluid even though it cost more. I'm already stocked on filters and fluids for the next service.

Attachments

• fluids.jpg
    fluids.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 374
   / maintenance #3  
Most have had limited success finding aftermarket filters. The Bobcat engine oil filter is cheaper than the Wix filter I found. The outer air filter was also twice the price aftermarket. I could not source the hydrostatic filter and the trans filter.

As for fluids...I use Rotella (engine) and Wal-Mart 80-90W for the front axle. I did use the Bobcat Hyd fluid ($$$) but next time I will use the fluid that is listed in the Kioti manual.

/ maintenance #4  
I use Bobcat filters but I went with Rotella for the engine oil and Conoco Powertran for the hydro/trans fluid. I could not afford to buy the Bobcat stuff but if you can then I say go for it.

/ maintenance #5  
I'm about due for my 50 hr. service. What is a ballpark amount to expect for the service from the dealer? CT450

/ maintenance #7  
I'm about due for my 50 hr. service. What is a ballpark amount to expect for the service from the dealer? CT450

I guess with your 450 that the service would be at your place so add on a service call cost. Dealer prices seem to be at least double the materials. If you change the hydro fluid with two filters, engine oil and filter, and front axle oil, you should have around 250-300 in materials. There's also the checking of nuts and bolts, greasing, and a few adjustments. The manual should have these noted for scheduled service intervals. If you don't mind doing it yourself when you get a few hours, you can learn a good bit about the tractor.

/ maintenance #8  

At our shop labor rates run $76.50 an hour plus parts. A 50 hour service usually takes 1- 2 hours, and we change all filters and the engine oil. Hydraulic oil gets changed at 200 hrs

/ maintenance #9  
At our shop labor rates run $76.50 an hour plus parts. A 50 hour service usually takes 1- 2 hours, and we change all filters and the engine oil. Hydraulic oil gets changed at 200 hrs

Your service is reasonable. Some guys have come away with $500 to $700 bill for routine maintenance service. If you didn't have the time or knowledge, I would understand having the service done. Doing my own was a way for me to learn the machine.

/ maintenance #10  
Sorry, hydraulic oil gets changed at 50 hrs.