Oil & Fuel maintenance

/ maintenance #11  
My manuals says that hydraulic oil is changed at 200 hours. The filters are there to catch any shavings that are cause by break in. 50 hours is nothing for hydraulic oil. I work for a manufacturer of utility equipment for the electrical industry, and our scheduled maintenance is at 1000 hours.

/ maintenance #12  
Every 200 thereafter but I don't think the manual endorses that period as exclusive of the 50 hour break in interim. I have never heard of any tractor make that does not include the hydraulic oil as included at 50 hours. I will look again at my manual buy having been down this road I will be changing mine, nonetheless.

Last edited:
   / maintenance #13  
I'm with Canada 50hr change the fluids all Engine,Hydraulic,Differential as its written in my book

/ maintenance #14  
I changed the engine, hydraulic, and front axle oil at 50 hrs. on my CT450. I did find small metal shavings on the plug.

/ maintenance #15  
At our shop labor rates run $76.50 an hour plus parts. A 50 hour service usually takes 1- 2 hours, and we change all filters and the engine oil. Hydraulic oil gets changed at 200 hrs

Hydraulic oil change at 50 hrs. is required to retain warranty.

/ maintenance #16  
On my CT225 the manual says Hyd. filters only at 50 hrs and Hyd. fluid change at 200 hrs. This has been discussed here before and several CT225 owners have chimed in with this information. The higher HP tractors and perhaps even newer 225's may be a different story.

Mark

/ maintenance #17  
My manual said to change hyd fluid and filters at 50 hrs also motor oil and filters and front axle lube. I have a 2010 CT 335 . If your manual says only hyd filters then i guess thats what i would do just make sure you hang on to your manual as you may need it for proof if you have a warranty problem. You could also check with your dealer or bob cat direct as not all dealers seem tobe up on the tractors. Any how i changed fluid and filters on mine not bad price for peace of mind the one hyd filter was the worst was like $87 dollars.

/ maintenance #18  
I changed my fluid at 50hrs to spite the manual...I just wanted to back up the folks who have manuals that say first hyd fluid change at 200hrs. (they are out there):thumbsup:

/ maintenance #19  
Guys, Attached are copies of the maintenance schedule for both the CT225 (all 200 models) and the CT450. Note in the 50 hr. column the shaded boxes and all boxes with the #2 are required at first 50 hr. service, includes replacing hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid.

This is common in all compact tractor brands I have researched. It is because the reservoir is the differential gear case, all those new gears and bearings wearing in and dumping their milling debris in the oil. The filters collect this but not all, some is still suspended in the oil. If you don't change the oil you run the risk of plugging up the new filters long before the next 200 change, then filters go into by-pass and filter no oil dumping the debris directly into the pumps.

Attachments

• CT225 Maintenance schedule.pdf
    375.6 KB · Views: 512
  • CT450 Maintenance chart.pdf
    391.8 KB · Views: 412
   / maintenance #20  
Guys, Attached are copies of the maintenance schedule for both the CT225 (all 200 models) and the CT450. Note in the 50 hr. column the shaded boxes and all boxes with the #2 are required at first 50 hr. service, includes replacing hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid.

This is common in all compact tractor brands I have researched. It is because the reservoir is the differential gear case, all those new gears and bearings wearing in and dumping their milling debris in the oil. The filters collect this but not all, some is still suspended in the oil. If you don't change the oil you run the risk of plugging up the new filters long before the next 200 change, then filters go into by-pass and filter no oil dumping the debris directly into the pumps.

If I'm reading those charts correctly the CT225 and CT450 require hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid changes at 50 hours and then at 400 hr intervals. I take that to mean at 50 hrs, 450 hrs, 850 hrs, 1300 hrs.... I have a Kioti DK35SE HST (same as CT335) which indicates the same intervals for hydraulic/hydrostatic fluid changes.

Some seem to be suggesting hyrdraulic/hydrostatic fluid changes at 200 hr intervals. I think that is incorrect?:confused: