Maintenance toolbox...?

/ Maintenance toolbox...? #11  
"...Find an old Directv dish , cut the brace pipes off, they are perfect size."
Looks like I may have one of these become available tomorrow. ;)

/ Maintenance toolbox...? #12  
I can't count how many times a locking forceps, hemotos, pliers saved my ace and countless four letter words were avoided. They are great for starting hard to reach nuts, picking up dropped hard to reach stainless steel fastners among dozens of other uses I've used them for.

/ Maintenance toolbox...? #13  
I appreciate all the input. Got a good start here.
If nothings loose, leaking or hanging off it after yesterday then, I'm pretty happy so far. Thanks again.
I can all but guarantee something will soon, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's called being an equipment operator, being a GOOD equipment operator however means you'll probably (not always) find it before it's an issue;)

/ Maintenance toolbox...? #14  
I was thinking more along the lines of, what tools/ brands/ peoples favorite's....should I have to make maintenance life easier on me hands. Not necessarily kept in a "toolbox". I guess the two main things would be the tourqe wrench/socket set (metric I assume), and grease gun. Any specialty tools I should think of? Be nice to make up a dedicated tractor maintenance kit.🚜😎
In addition to the above, a GOOD (I emphasize not cheap) set of snap ring pliers and a generous neighbor. :)

If you are talking working on a concrete floor get a good tool box with a place for everything so if you leave something laying on your tractor, you will see the missing tool in the box upon completion. I also find having a good roll-around tool cart is handy to place items on.

Make a solid top out of metal that is not "recessed" and then get some old carpet squares to place on that (2'x2' squares). The cart makes a nice place to put stuff on and the below shelf is storage for cleaners, grease tubs etc.

/ Maintenance toolbox...? #15  
Congrats on the new tractor. Here are a few items I have needed.
A good oil filter wrench, everyone has their favorite.
A can of Dupli-color Chevy Orange Engine. For touch up and painting add-ons.
A pressure guage with quick coupler to plug into loader valve to check relief valve pressure.
A if your tires are loaded, a pressure guage that can be taken apart and cleaned.
A can of Fluid Film to spray in the key switch and lube any linkages.
Good luck, Andrew

/ Maintenance toolbox...? #16  
In addition to the above, a GOOD (I emphasize not cheap) set of snap ring pliers and a generous neighbor. :)

If you are talking working on a concrete floor get a good tool box with a place for everything so if you leave something laying on your tractor, you will see the missing tool in the box upon completion. I also find having a good roll-around tool cart is handy to place items on.

Make a solid top out of metal that is not "recessed" and then get some old carpet squares to place on that (2'x2' squares). The cart makes a nice place to put stuff on and the below shelf is storage for cleaners, grease tubs etc.
Knipex brand snap ring pliers are good and we're reasonably priced. They saved my knuckles and prevented 4 letter words countless times.

/ Maintenance toolbox...?
I can all but guarantee something will soon, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's called being an equipment operator, being a GOOD equipment operator however means you'll probably (not always) find it before it's an issue;)
I know you're right, lol. Lots to learn. I think/hope, I've made all the "lifethreatening mistakes" this first time out.😬... The day almost ended very badly....lessons learned.
Just over 10hrs. on it now. I'll be giving it a good going over this weekend.

/ Maintenance toolbox...? #18  
I know you're right, lol. Lots to learn. I think/hope, I've made all the "lifethreatening mistakes" this first time out.😬... The day almost ended very badly....lessons learned.
Just over 10hrs. on it now. I'll be giving it a good going over this weekend.
The day you think you have made all of the life threatening mistakes will be the day you make your biggest mistake. After nearly 50 years on equipment I know there are more mistakes awaiting me in the future... Complacency is a killer.

I know you were kidding about having made all the "life threatening mistakes" your first time out but respect the machine, Even a baby machine, with PTO driven tools, can do a number on you.

/ Maintenance toolbox...?
The day you think you have made all of the life threatening mistakes will be the day you make your biggest mistake. After nearly 50 years on equipment I know there are more mistakes awaiting me in the future... Complacency is a killer.

I know you were kidding about having made all the "life threatening mistakes" your first time out but respect the machine, Even a baby machine, with PTO driven tools, can do a number on you.
Yeah...I'm done "playing" on it for sure.
Sure is alot a fun though.
Wheel spacers are on the "need" list!😎

Attachments

• 20220402_161312-1.jpg
    20220402_161312-1.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 76
  • 20220402_120725-1.jpg
    20220402_120725-1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 78
   / Maintenance toolbox...? #20  
Cheers all...
What tools should one have in their diy maintenance toolbox for a ck2610hst? I'll hit me first 10hrs today, lol.
I got a H.F. ... (I know😬)...30 min. away. Anything worth getting there? Recommendations/tips greatly appreciated.

HF's Gen 2 tool boxes are pretty good. As are the Icon toolsets they sell. Good drill presses, multi-function welders, pry bars and hammers, and all kinds of odds and ends. HF has become the new Sears Craftsman and they really are not bad until you get into big sockets and specialty wrenches and tools that they just don't offer.

51987291101_999c9ea7ed_k.jpg

In this photo I've got HF's Vulcan welding cart, in the back is a tool cart, the upper and lower 42" Gen 3 rollaway and chest, HF's 20" drill press, with one of the tool holders as well, one of their oil-less compressors (I really like it), up on the wall, I see a pair of their black wall-hanging cabinets. I know there are HF aluminum floor jacks and jack stands hidden from view. I don't have a whole lot of their hand tools mostly because I already had Mac and Snack-off tools from my mechanic days. These days, I really like their $89 battery chargers (just used one this morning). Anyway, being just about the only "local" tool place, I've wound up with a bunch of HFodds and ends.

51987296126_86faeef40b_k.jpg