Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One?

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #81  
2020 1626 shuttle. Never been to the shop. It's definitely had a hard 2+ years.

Love this tractor. Would definitely buy it again.
IMG_20221007_122110283.jpg

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One?
Thats not how mCRD works. Its how a DOC works. mCRD I'm sure involves a ton of other things. Im sure everything was reworked I know its common rail injection with a pretty high PSI fuel delivery up to 23,000 PSI I read somewhere. I'm willing to bet Mahindra rolled the dice on passing emissions standards to sell enough tractors to people that did not want complicated emissions systems for a long enough time to make money. These tractors will not pass a more strict emission standard and they will have to go back to the drawing board. But I dont care I have a tractor without DPF, SRC and I will keep it as long as I can. I drive a 6.6 Duramax LB7 with no emissions and a OBS 7.3 Powerstroke with no emissions.
I know Mahindra spent like $30 MILLION on the technology and I’ve been seeing a number of folks saying their DPF add-on Kubotas hAve blown up. My nephew has a JD with DPF and it’s a terrible machine in a hay field. additionally, you can only defer it just so much before it gives you the Bird and dies it anyway. Mahindra designed tier iv from the ground up and not as an add-on. I agree with you about Neil: he’s a salesman and his only job is to push Kubotas out the door. Kubotas are great tractors and I’ve owned 2. I also think the Mitsubishi Mahindras are as good

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #84  
I know Mahindra spent like $30 MILLION on the technology and I’ve been seeing a number of folks saying their DPF add-on Kubotas hAve blown up. My nephew has a JD with DPF and it’s a terrible machine in a hay field. additionally, you can only defer it just so much before it gives you the Bird and dies it anyway. Mahindra designed tier iv from the ground up and not as an add-on. I agree with you about Neil: he’s a salesman and his only job is to push Kubotas out the door. Kubotas are great tractors and I’ve owned 2. I also think the Mitsubishi Mahindras are as good
Seems like everything now days is a controversy. We all use what fits our budget and lifestyle. We did research on tractors knew basically what we wanted and the 4540 checked our boxes. Gear driven, heavy as all get out, high loader capacity, no DPF. I have been in the diesel scene long enough to understand how emissions work and that adding more and more complicated and expensive parts does not make something better. It just makes it harder and more costly to diagnose and repair. I can hook up my laptop and autoenginuity with the ford package and have a good idea what is happening with my 7.3 powerstroke in just a few minutes. Bring in a 2022 diesel truck with the money light to the dealer and there is a VERY good chance even the dealer wont know what is wrong. If you gave me a brand new $100K diesel truck today I would sell it Immediately and be driving my old school Duramax the next day. Maybe with a new turbo or oil cooler.IMO we are witnessing the death of diesel and it wont take long. If diesel technology and the community is something that is interesting to you watch a few episodes of The Diesel Podcast. EPA raids of businesses and arrests of shop owners has crippled the industry. There is a reason many people are dragging old diesels out of the woods and plunking down $50k to have a shop build them a real truck. 5 years ago a 900hp street legal diesel truck was cool but you were one of many. Just a tune with no addons would take a 2004 stock lb7 to 480-500hp. Today the 6.7 powerstroke is 475HP and thats all you are getting EVER. No diesel shop on the planet will risk jail time to tune and build your truck. Im sure a bunch of fuds will cry about tuning and rolling coal and whatnot but it was those people driving the industry. Not grandpa taking his diesel in for tires and a trans flush.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #85  
Ledgemere Farm,

Here is pic of Mahindra's love of hydraulic hose on Max24. No hydraulic tubing anywhere on the machine.

Looks like you got the expensive model. ;)
the 5100 series also has hoses vs tubing but I do not care, the tubing will last longer than hose, but hose needs less fittings and is cheap to replace. the fittings on any hose is the most expensive part to replace, and on the tube equipped FELs you still have some hoses that will need to be replaced at about the same time as a FEL with all hose. in the end it would be as expensive to replumb a tube equipped FEL (maybe more) and at about the same frequency.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #86  
That's not entirely accurate. They don't have a regen which forces the tractor to burn hot for a period of time to burn the soot off of the collector but MF (and Mahindra) has a mCRD (DOC system) system which runs hotter all the time to burn off the soot. This is not new technology and is really is dishonest for a tractor mfg to tout this as a benefit over DPF.
huh? I don't care, the 5100 series with mCRD gets great fuel economy, is simpler and I really do not care how good the system is at reducing emissions. if the DOC goes out i will replace it or bypass it. all that matters is that Mahindra got it to pass the box checkers that are making tractors have to have stupid Tier iV compliance in the first place. A DPF regardless of how much of an inconvenience or how long it lasts is something else to worry about that i do not want/need.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #87  
No tubing on my 1626. One small loader arm hose started seeping in 1012 hours. Cost $25 and took 5 minutes to replace. I think I'll survive.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #88  
I’m a fan of the NO DPF tractors… the new 2600 series Massey doesn’t have DPF either… so, I don’t know why Kubota and Deere don’t invest in the tech… maybe it’s just better to sell a cheaper technology, for a higher price ala Harley Davidson

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #89  
I’m a fan of the NO DPF tractors… the new 2600 series Massey doesn’t have DPF either… so, I don’t know why Kubota and Deere don’t invest in the tech… maybe it’s just better to sell a cheaper technology, for a higher price ala Harley Davidson
If it doesn't have a DPF, it will have a DOC. Having a DOC means you have to get some load on that engine to keep the temperature on the DOC high enough to keep it happy, because sometimes just running at high RPMS is not enough.

The DPF at least, will have a way to increase that temperature by itself once it gets saturated enough to ask for a regen. With the DOC, you hope you can run it hard enough to clean or it will have to come out and sent out to be cleaned.

Not saying one is better than the other or vice versa but some of the stuff brands claim is just not entirely true or realistic. Either way, it has to have some sort of emissions on it.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #90  
If it doesn't have a DPF, it will have a DOC. Having a DOC means you have to get some load on that engine to keep the temperature on the DOC high enough to keep it happy, because sometimes just running at high RPMS is not enough.

The DPF at least, will have a way to increase that temperature by itself once it gets saturated enough to ask for a regen. With the DOC, you hope you can run it hard enough to clean or it will have to come out and sent out to be cleaned.

Not saying one is better than the other or vice versa but some of the stuff brands claim is just not entirely true or realistic. Either way, it has to have some sort of emissions on it.
Never said it didn’t have emissions controls. All they claim is that it does not have a diesel particulate filter, and has no regen… which is true. Massey and Mahindra have seen this is of value to many buyers, and have used it to promote the brand.