Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One?

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #2  

A few years back, Mahindra became the world's #1 seller of tractors and unseated John Deere who held it for a few decades. So, you tell me.

Mahindra Ag and Mitsubishi Ag are are now one big global company. And it seems that Mitsubishi is calling the shots, but they like to stay behind the scenes.
1629826700644.png

Tractor Range
13 to 135 HP

Present In
14+ Countries

All 4wd tractors

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #3  
I have a mahindra. Right now I can’t really say anything bad about it. I’m not brand loyal either.
I’ve been to India also , 20 years ago. I know their two wheeled drive tractors were driven hard. Maybe harder than I’ve seen most here. Though I do remember me and a friend driving his grandfathers tractor pretty hard at that time too while pulling wood. That was an international. But overall, Indians use tractors a lot. Mahindra tractors are very popular and they drive them hard. I’m sure they got it down on what it takes to keep them running.

I remember when the Honda three wheelers came around here. People were talking about the name, and where it’s made from. But it didn’t take long to see that this “ Honda brand” at that time was setting the bar and was of good quality.
Mahindra is a foreign sounding name but they use tractors a lot there so I’m sure their as good as others.

I wouldn’t be surprised if when kubota came around first that the McCormick, Ford, john deer guys in them times probably turned their noses up. Probably have to ask some of the older wiser guys on here their thoughts on that.

I wouldn’t hesitate to get another. Or some of the other popular brands like kioti, kubota for that matter.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One?
Mahindra used to make Jeep’s for the US during WWII and they made tractors for IH. I’m not too young to remember the thumbed noses at Kubota during the early 1980s. My favorite tractors are the ones that run well and the dealership stands behind…oh, and for a reasonable price tag

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #5  
I bought a1626 shuttle last year. I use it for a business. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

Attachments

• IMG_20211202_160453812.jpg
    IMG_20211202_160453812.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 190
   / Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #7  
I have a mahindra. Right now I can’t really say anything bad about it. I’m not brand loyal either.
I’ve been to India also , 20 years ago. I know their two wheeled drive tractors were driven hard. Maybe harder than I’ve seen most here. Though I do remember me and a friend driving his grandfathers tractor pretty hard at that time too while pulling wood. That was an international. But overall, Indians use tractors a lot. Mahindra tractors are very popular and they drive them hard. I’m sure they got it down on what it takes to keep them running.

I remember when the Honda three wheelers came around here. People were talking about the name, and where it’s made from. But it didn’t take long to see that this “ Honda brand” at that time was setting the bar and was of good quality.
Mahindra is a foreign sounding name but they use tractors a lot there so I’m sure their as good as others.

I wouldn’t be surprised if when kubota came around first that the McCormick, Ford, john deer guys in them times probably turned their noses up. Probably have to ask some of the older wiser guys on here their thoughts on that.

I wouldn’t hesitate to get another. Or some of the other popular brands like kioti, kubota for that matter.

Actually John Deere jumped ahead of the game and joined in with Yanmar. Yanmar shocked the world with the very first 4WD tractors ever. JD noticed this and quickly linked up. Then the next 45+ years, Yanmar made JD compact tractors in green paint all from Japan.

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One? #8  
Actually John Deere jumped ahead of the game and joined in with Yanmar. Yanmar shocked the world with the very first 4WD tractors ever. JD noticed this and quickly linked up. Then the next 45+ years, Yanmar made JD compact tractors in green paint all from Japan.
What Yanmar model was that? And in what year those came out?

/ Mahindra Tractors-Should You Buy One?
850/950 JD came out I think in 1978? Kubota had already entered the market in the early 1970s. IH jumped on board soon afterwards with the Mitsubishi models.