Mahindra 60" belly mower

/ Mahindra 60" belly mower
hows the quality of cut on these? is blade tip speed higher then residential lawn mowers?

/ Mahindra 60" belly mower #22  
i only used mine a few times over the many years - but it cuts great.

/ Mahindra 60" belly mower #23  
Blade tip is 17,350. Don’t know how that compares to a residential mower. I think the cut is good and I mulch mainly because I hate raking leaves in the fall.

Attachments

• IMG_2060.jpg
    IMG_2060.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 92
   / Mahindra 60" belly mower #24  
I flip mine over to remove the blades for sharpening. I have hooks on my bucket and use a couple nylon slings to lift it. Flipping it makes it easier to block the blades to torque the bolts. Think it’s like 150 ft/lbs.
I cheated when I pulled the gearbox and used a chainfall and put the deck on a couple of horses.

Same here. Takes 5 minutes to slide mine out from under my Kubota. Then I pick it up with the loader and leave it sitting on the ground but hanging vertical so I can access the blades and underneath. Piece of cake. I love the MMM for everything but tight trimming.

/ Mahindra 60" belly mower #25  
Here is some hard learned information on that there belly mower gearbox Little Bill...

/ Mahindra 60" belly mower #26  
Has anyone had a problem loosening the drain plugs or changing or adding fluid? I think I stripped the heads on those recessed bolts

/ Mahindra 60" belly mower #27  
Yes. If you are talking about the fill plugs they can be a bugger... If they are stripped you may have to add a LITTLE heat from a torch and/or use an easy-out. You can get replacement plugs.

As for adding fluid- thats a trick to get the gearbox level in whichever means you can so that it is even with the middle of the shaft. I use a piece of nylon tubing on a large syringe type lube tool to squirt in the oil.

/ Mahindra 60" belly mower #28  
Thanks for replying. I was able to work them free by pounding a star socket into the holes and after ALOT of force I managed to get t2 of them out. I was able to find replacements at a local hardware store. I did add the fluid and yes that was a challange as well.

/ Mahindra 60" belly mower
Thanks for replying. I was able to work them free by pounding a star socket into the holes and after ALOT of force I managed to get t2 of them out. I was able to find replacements at a local hardware store. I did add the fluid and yes that was a challange as well.
Just buy this, I will leave it at that. I have this for both screws and sockets, i use to snap constantly because we are in rust belts. these tools i have greater then 80% success rate walking the bolts out. as long as you have the clearance to get it in there.

this sends a impact down the entire screw and bolt, not just the head like a normal impact