Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #551  
Skid plates should be in your future.
I cannot begin to list the damage mine saved me from while traversing through the wood.
Last year I dismounted it just to hammer out the dents and indentations made to the diamond plate.
Like every day I hear something bang into it when skidding.
My underneath would have been ripped to shreds if I didn't have this on.
skid plates sounds like a good addition, where can i get some or some ideas on how to build me some? inquiring minds want to know lol

i was planning on getting some of the spiral hose protector to install on this area, but there are a lot of other hoses hanging down. the only thing i do not like about skid plates is that it makes other things harder. i like the guard they put on the 5100 series around the engine oil filter, but it makes changing the filter a lot harder.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #552  
I’m in the process of changing mine now at 100 hours. They want you to change the filter and clean the strainer at 50 hours. And since the fluid has to come out to do that anyway, I figured I might just as well change it as opposed to trying to capture it all in a spotlessly clean drain pan, without having any dirt etc fall in it during the process. So while the tractor is basically inside for the winter, I’m just changing it and upgrading to a better fluid at the same time. I took the strainer to work and ran it in our ultrasonic cleaner today. So it’s all clean and ready to go back in on Saturday when I’m back at the property where the tractor is at. Just found a small amount of very fine iron dust on each of the (6) magnetic drain plugs and a few small particles on the strainer screen. So that’s encouraging.
what is the better fluid you are going to?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #553  
skid plates sounds like a good addition, where can i get some or some ideas on how to build me some? inquiring minds want to know lol

i was planning on getting some of the spiral hose protector to install on this area, but there are a lot of other hoses hanging down. the only thing i do not like about skid plates is that it makes other things harder. i like the guard they put on the 5100 series around the engine oil filter, but it makes changing the filter a lot harder.
Good inquiry.
I can tell you how I acquired mine. I first went to Lowes and asked if I could have a large piece of cardboard that one of their reefers or washers came in.
I then cut this card board to length and width based on what areas I wanted to protect underneath. I went to my local fabricator and he cut and bent the 3/16" diamond plate based my model cardboard.
I then drilled the frame to accept half inch bolts and to the top of the frame, welded the 3/4" nuts around these holes after everything was bolted up being careful not to get any splatter on the bolt itself.
I took my cardboard again and punched thru where the holes were on the frame.
I placed the cardboard on diamond plate, matched the hole areas and drilled thru the diamond plate.
Took the diamond plate, jacked it up to the holes and socked the bolts thru to the welded nuts.
The whole thing can come off in under a minute.
You don't have to design a continuous plate. You can section it if desired for ease of handling.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
what is the better fluid you are going to?
I went with Schaeffer’s Simplex Supreme. I use it in my little Yanmar and used it in my last Mahindra. It’s a synthetic blend so it’s easier on the hydraulic pump in cold weather and it makes it easier to shift when it’s cold too. IMG_8868.jpeg

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #555  
I went with Schaeffer’s Simplex Supreme. I use it in my little Yanmar and used it in my last Mahindra. It’s a synthetic blend so it’s easier on the hydraulic pump in cold weather and it makes it easier to shift when it’s cold too. View attachment 839663
thanks Andy but cold is not my issue, i make it a point not to be lol

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
thanks Andy but cold is not my issue, i make it a point not to be lol
I don’t blame you. I avoid it if I can but where I’m at it’s inevitable. I also use it because it’s an upgraded oil from the factory oil just in terms of lubrication and additive package. But the fact that the 5100 series are gear drive and not hydrostatic, means the transmission fluid lives a little easier life anyway. I just finished the change last weekend and had no issues. Just be sure that if you do it yourself, it has (6) drain plugs on the transmission. And I got oil out of each one. Another thing I’ll say is that every plug was extremely tight from the factory. So do yourself a favor and buy a good 9/16” (8) point socket for the plugs. It will keep you from saying bad words trying to use a Crescent Wrench. Several of them are tucked up in and aren’t easily accessible with a Crescent Wrench. And as tight as mine were, I’m afraid you might round them over without that 9/16” (8) point.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #557  
I don’t blame you. I avoid it if I can but where I’m at it’s inevitable. I also use it because it’s an upgraded oil from the factory oil just in terms of lubrication and additive package. But the fact that the 5100 series are gear drive and not hydrostatic, means the transmission fluid lives a little easier life anyway. I just finished the change last weekend and had no issues. Just be sure that if you do it yourself, it has (6) drain plugs on the transmission. And I got oil out of each one. Another thing I’ll say is that every plug was extremely tight from the factory. So do yourself a favor and buy a good 9/16” (8) point socket for the plugs. It will keep you from saying bad words trying to use a Crescent Wrench. Several of them are tucked up in and aren’t easily accessible with a Crescent Wrench. And as tight as mine were, I’m afraid you might round them over without that 9/16” (8) point.
kobalt 1200ftlb cordless impact and 8 point impact socket here I'm lazy. and living north of the snow line is a decision, uhh a bad one IMO lol.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
kobalt 1200ftlb cordless impact and 8 point impact socket here I'm lazy. and living north of the snow line is a decision, uhh a bad one IMO lol.
We all make decisions in life. I have a Sister in law who lives in Texas. And she complains about the bugs and oppressive heat regularly 😂

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #559  
We all make decisions in life. I have a Sister in law who lives in Texas. And she complains about the bugs and oppressive heat regularly 😂
a/c and windshield wipers lol, no snow shovel lol

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #560  
ok so a heads up, the dealer installed my 3rd function onto my 5145, i always thought the hoses ran in a bad place and after crimping one repeatedly it wore a hole and fluid ever where, turns out that the hoses as it comes from the factory are tucked up out of the way under the battery box, after 2 trips to napa to get the right 1/2 instead of 3/8 hose for $60 vs the $150 the dealer wanted to just patch my factory hose, i found that the hoses can go back in the factory position up out of the way. a few zip ties and i should never have this problem again.

still looking at skid plates but anything useful would block a lot of maintenance points.

i did find that i had busted the plastic tube installed to protect the front driveshaft, i'm guessing that it just serves to keep grass from winding up on the front drive shaft and even busted it is still doing that.