Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #491  
Howdy everyone... new to the forum, second post. Just purchased a '23 Mahindra 5155 yesterday, waiting to pick it up this coming Saturday. I picked up a box blade, bush hog and a root grapple so far, I'm sure more attachments will follow as I discover the "need".

This forum really helped me in my decision making and purchase.

Once I get the tractor to my property, I will update and show pics. My first hurdle is the grapple... I'm not sure that it has a third function valve to allow the root grapple to work. The dealer is working on this now, for it to be ready for pick up on Saturday. I just purchased 15 acres here in SC, and building my retirement home. So, the root grapple is going to be my most used attachment right off the bat.

Thanks for all the information here, keep up the good work! I hope to be able to add, as I gain experience.

Cheers!

Darren
Congrats, I know you will love the 5155.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #492  
I love my tractor even more today, 600 lbs and just me getting it out of the trailer.

Attachments

• toolbox 2.jpg
    toolbox 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 70
  • toolbox1.jpg
    toolbox1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • toolbox3.jpg
    toolbox3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #493  
Howdy everyone... new to the forum, second post. Just purchased a '23 Mahindra 5155 yesterday, waiting to pick it up this coming Saturday. I picked up a box blade, bush hog and a root grapple so far, I'm sure more attachments will follow as I discover the "need".

Once I get the tractor to my property, I will update and show pics. My first hurdle is the grapple... I'm not sure that it has a third function valve to allow the root grapple to work. The dealer is working on this now, for it to be ready for pick up on Saturday. I just purchased 15 acres here in SC, and building my retirement home. So, the root grapple is going to be my most used attachment right off the bat.

Thanks for all the information here, keep up the good work! I hope to be able to add, as I gain experience.

Cheers!

Darren
Congrats on the new machine and property. When I got my 5155 I was quoted 2400 for the 3rd function and install. I found the WR long 3rd function kit online and installed myself in an afternoon. It saved me some money and it's not very difficult to do. Good luck and enjoy the 5155,

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

Cheers!

Darren
Awesome! Let us know when you get your new tractor and post so pics. I think you’re going to like it.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #495  
Congrats on the new machine and property. When I got my 5155 I was quoted 2400 for the 3rd function and install. I found the WR long 3rd function kit online and installed myself in an afternoon. It saved me some money and it's not very difficult to do. Good luck and enjoy the 5155,
my dealer charged me 1200 for the 3rd function, the wr long was 800+ so i let him do it.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #496  
I'm waiting to see what the Dealer says re: the Third Function.... that is the one thing I let them know that MUST be on the tractor. I can order the WR Long kit, and do it myself, but I want to see how the Dealer treats me on this. I asked the question as soon as I got there to see the tractor, the sales person told me that he checked with the Mahindra Rep, and was told it was Third Function capable. I just looked at him. :unsure:

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #497  
The loader joystick is pre-wired and the 3rd function button is spreading in the top of the joystick so that part is done stock.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #498  
The loader joystick is pre-wired and the 3rd function button is spreading in the top of the joystick so that part is done stock

the tractor comes with a button setup on the joystick for a diverter valve but not a true 3rd function. The mahindra 3rd function kit (diverter valve) was not available when i bought mine and was much more expensive than installing the WR long kit.
in order to install the WR long kit the joystick handle is removed and the new 2 pair wiring is fished down the shaft with a new handle installed.

the small black cylinder in the last photo is the WR long 3rd function valve, it attaches via the power beyond port on the FEL valve.

diverter has pros and cons with it you select the 3rd output and then use the joystick to send fluid to the 3rd function instead of the curl (or lift) on the FEL, with that arrangement you can feather the amount of flow to the 3rd function but you cannot curl (or lift) at the same time. with the 3rd function you turn it on or off no feathering but you can still control the lift and curl at the same time.

i like the true 3rd function but i can see where some would like the diverter valve option.

you can somewhat feather the 3rd function by lifting or curling as you engage the 3rd but it is difficult to coordinate, bottom line is that gently grabbing something with the 3rd function grapel is very hard.

the closest i have come is to get everything positioned and then lower the rpms to slow down the flow.

Attachments

• IMG_5292.jpg
    IMG_5292.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5290.jpg
    IMG_5290.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5286.jpg
    IMG_5286.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #499  
the tractor comes with a button setup on the joystick for a diverter valve but not a true 3rd function. The mahindra 3rd function kit (diverter valve) was not available when i bought mine and was much more expensive than installing the WR long kit.
in order to install the WR long kit the joystick handle is removed and the new 2 pair wiring is fished down the shaft with a new handle installed.

the small black cylinder in the last photo is the WR long 3rd function valve, it attaches via the power beyond port on the FEL valve.

diverter has pros and cons with it you select the 3rd output and then use the joystick to send fluid to the 3rd function instead of the curl (or lift) on the FEL, with that arrangement you can feather the amount of flow to the 3rd function but you cannot curl (or lift) at the same time. with the 3rd function you turn it on or off no feathering but you can still control the lift and curl at the same time.

i like the true 3rd function but i can see where some would like the diverter valve option.

you can somewhat feather the 3rd function by lifting or curling as you engage the 3rd but it is difficult to coordinate, bottom line is that gently grabbing something with the 3rd function grapel is very hard.

the closest i have come is to get everything positioned and then lower the rpms to slow down the flow.
That is fantastic information. I have a call in with my Dealer to discuss. Most likely, it will be the WR Long kit. This is my first tractor, but I grew up running equipment. There will be a learning curve, I'm sure. Thank you for this post. Definitely helps me understand the difference. I think being able to move the grapple while curling or raising / lowering is a win. I have a lot of downed trees and underbrush to clear, so the root grapple will be my most used attachment right off the bat.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #500  
Question for the fellow 5155 owners.

I have 15 acres that has been partially cleared, set for homesite and now I have underbrush and stumps to grind, after the loggers came through and took what they wanted.
That was done before I bought the property.

So, what suggestions can you all give me for a PTO stump grinder that will work well with the 5155?

This will be added to our equipment line (for our small business) so the stump grinder will see local use outside of our property.

I'm new to this, so bare with me. I'm always open to suggestions on equipment.

Thanks in advance!!!!

~ Darren