M59 HST no go?

/ M59 HST no go? #11  
Your troubleshooting and repair outcome details will be appreciated from another M59 owner. Learned a lot from others on this site.

Sure enjoy operating the M59. The transmission gearing and HST-plus is a big improvement over the L48.

/ M59 HST no go?
I replaced the throttle sensor as the error code indicated. No change?
All things including hydraulic functions are good. No known lockouts are engaged.
It was running good then a couple days after parked —-no good?
It goes into gear. Clutch sound like it’s engaging and loaded by pump.
Zero travel response???
Ideas?
Thanks

/ M59 HST no go? #13  
Did you get any info reading through the thread that Chewwy mentioned?

That thread also includes some photos from the workshop manual.... Not very useful
for resolution. Most of your questions about how it works are answered in the workshop manual.

You might also find information in the old M59 Discussion Thread that Charles started back in 2007/2008. There is over 40 pages of information there. Most is not technical, but some is.

rScotty

/ M59 HST no go? #14  
Probably not the problem since you are familiar with L48. I buy used and the three HST models B20, B26 and M59 had bent and stiff range selector levers from improper shifting techniques from previous owners. Now after straightening and using properly, taking time up to 30 seconds, they shift normally now and align with the position letters.

You didn’t say or I missed if you tried the different ranges to eliminate the different gears.

There is a hook that keeps the clutch pedal depressed for storage.

/ M59 HST no go?
Update:
Shift lever is good
Tried all ranges -no go
Clutch latch is not engaged

Could a spot of frozen water in a fluid port cause it? Been mid 30 but just a question?????

/ M59 HST no go?
I did look back at the older posts but will now look at the other in case?
Thanks!
I’m just totally befuddled? Work good. Parked it for a weekend then no go?

/ M59 HST no go? #17  
The backup alarm is also tied to a safety switch. Can’t just unplug to not beep. Reverse pedal does it sound?

/ M59 HST no go?
I used the info from an old post?
As I recall: you push both the Display mode and Travel speed buttons on the control council and while held down turn key to start

ABCD shows then push Display again and EFGH and others show then hit Travel to see what code is displayed

I think you can continue to push Travel in case other codes are shown?
This info is by memory but once you try it you will see how easy it is?

/ M59 HST no go? #19  
I did look back at the older posts but will now look at the other in case?
Thanks!
I’m just totally befuddled? Work good. Parked it for a weekend then no go?
Well, in that older post with the same problem, he found that the problem was a shorted switch which then sent the wrong signal to the CPU. I forget which switch it was, but it's in that thread. It worked for him..

/ M59 HST no go?
Well, in that older post with the same problem, he found that the problem was a shorted switch which then sent the wrong signal to the CPU. I forget which switch it was, but it's in that thread. It worked for him..
Yes, I read that. My column speed shifter seams to trigger properly as read on the panel. Still may be but does not seam to be it?
I’m going to double check the reaction control rotary switch tomorrow? Could be as I took the cover panel off and had to remove that switch? May have damaged it? It does control over the speed of action?