LX2610 rear hydro puzzle

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle #1  

Megawisdumb

Bronze Member
Tractor
LX2610HSD, Z251, BX25D
I've had my LX2610 for a couple months now and WOW it is so much more tractor than my BX in almost every-way. I should have made this change years ago. I have several implements and all are better with the LX except my Kencove PD80 post pounder. The rear BX hookup was all I needed to start slamming posts into the ground but I've had no luck getting the hydraulics to work on the LX rear. I changed the quick connectors on the pounder from the 1/4 on the BX to 3/8 on the LX but no pressure. Am I missing something? My BH77 runs fine when its connected so I know its working. I am using a Summit 7J417-66320 Female Hydraulic Quick Coupler, 3/8” NPT for the Kencove and tester connections.

Hydro.jpg

Pounder.jpg

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle #2  
I'm assuming there is zero flow through this system or the hose I assume is the return hose would never stay in that funnel.

That said, (again) assuming the lowest hose pictured, the one with the protective sack around it, is your supply from the tractor. As in power beyond pressure? And you're getting nothing out of it? Yet it supplies a backhoe with no problem? Something here doesn't add up.

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle
You are correct on the hose flows and also correct in it doesn't add up with the BH working. So if my tester shows zero and no flow to the pounder the only common thread is the Summit 7J417-66320 Female Hydraulic Quick Coupler, 3/8” NPT. Is this the proper connector for my rear?? My forward connectors on my FEL and grapple are 1/2" so I couldn't troubleshoot with them.

connector.jpg

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle #4  
Why are you not hooking the return line into the backhoe return circuit?

On a pounder the return is a massive flow of fluid coming from the downward action and as such has to go straight to the reservoir.

Pounder on BX

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle #6  
From what I see there, if no flow is getting through, then with the engine running where is that oil going? Is that "backhoe supply" hose in the photo the main hydraulic pump output? I guess I don't fully understand your overall circuitry here.

As for the couplers, the hose end side of things doesn't matter much. If the male/female business ends match, typically "if it fits, it ships".

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle #7  
I would put the quick connect together and take the output side hose off the qc then start the tractor to see if hyd oil shoots out..

I see your question as when you use the pounder directly hooked up to the supply hose you lose all your other tractor functions - motion, FEL, etc.. I built the valve setup below to resolve this issue. On my BX it was a 1/4 setup, on my LX a 3/8. It allows me to plug back into the tractor return via the coupler and use the valve to divert fluid to tractor operations or pounder. However, for my basic question on the connectors I omitted this valve as it only complicates the basic quick on my couplers. My connectors fit but do not seem to be allowing fluid to flow which is way I bypassed this valve and showed it connected directly as that should work as well. In the photo below the female gets the tractor supply, one male goes to pounder the other male to back into tractor. The valve controls which one is getting the juice.

Value.jpg

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle #9  
Is the pounder valve open center?

Yes, the kencove is open center. I bought the tester meter to try to avoid the fluid shoot out method but am still perplexed on why its showing zero.