LX2610 rear hydro puzzle

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle
I'm going old school today as I have the auger hooked up. I haven't used this tool for many years as the pounder was so much easier....

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle #12  
I can
I see your question as when you use the pounder directly hooked up to the supply hose you lose all your other tractor functions - motion, FEL, etc.. I built the valve setup below to resolve this issue. On my BX it was a 1/4 setup, on my LX a 3/8. It allows me to plug back into the tractor return via the coupler and use the valve to divert fluid to tractor operations or pounder. However, for my basic question on the connectors I omitted this valve as it only complicates the basic quick on my couplers. My connectors fit but do not seem to be allowing fluid to flow which is way I bypassed this valve and showed it connected directly as that should work as well. In the photo below the female gets the tractor supply, one male goes to pounder the other male to back into tractor. The valve controls which one is getting the juice.

View attachment 802687
I understand that part, but my main concern is this. With engine running and no flow out the coupler(s) then what happened to pump output? Is there another path for oil flow somewhere? A relief valve somewhere, or is the pump simply deadheaded? Has something in that train come off the rails?

My thoughts exactly. I thought I had an issue with my valve buildout until I bypassed it and the issue remained. The tester was suppose to show me the problem was in the Kencove valve but when the tester showed a zero I went to the forum as I'm clueless. I still believe its an issue with these female connectors as all three (valve, tester, pounder) are the same brand/size.

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle #14  
The coupler issue is one thing. A possible problem, yes. But you need to find out if the pump is actually producing flow. As I understand things right now, I'm not yet convinced you don't have a problem in that area.

When the supply line is hooked directly back into tractor all systems work great (FEL, HST, grapple, etc.) and my BH works fine when its connected. Later today I'll hook up the BH and place the tester on the return side of it to see what the tester reads.

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle #16  
Is that the case now, or how it was before you started making these last changes?

It only has 20 hrs on it and runs great now and before just when I go to setup the pounder is where the problem comes into play. The valve setup is only used for the pounder.

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle #18  
Well, I can't see the the valve or the coupler being the problem here. You apparently have no flow/pressure getting to the valve. If the hose that you're connecting to is the supply for your backhoe, then in my estimation that should be carrying everything the pump puts out. If suddenly it has nothing, then where did all that flow go? I see only two options. 1) the flow is going somewhere else. 2) there is no flow from the pump.

I have to wonder where does the other end of that hose connect? If I were setting this up, and that was to be a backhoe supply, it would probably go the the power beyond sleeve on the loader valve, unless it's going to a selector/diverter type valve as you pictured earlier. The one that's not hooked up yet?

You bring up a great point...where does the supply line originate and terminate. Tracing the rear male supply line goes to the bottom right junction in the photo below. This junction also controls my 3rd function and FEL ops. The return female routes into the top of the tranny via stainless piping 2nd photo.

IMG_4571.jpg

rearreturn.JPG

/ LX2610 rear hydro puzzle #20  
Well if the supply line currently comes from a solenoid valve assembly, and supplies no fluid with solenoids off, then what happens with a solenoid on?

The steel line with the banjo fitting in the other photo is probably the supply to the three point. I can't really tell from the photo, but that would make sense to me.