Lucknow snowblower

/ Lucknow snowblower #1  

rasorbackq

Platinum Member
Tractor
Branson 4720
The H60 chain going to the augur has a an idler gear set up . Not a normal 17 tooth gear but it looks like its split and widened. Pretty sure all the lucknow snowblowers have the same part. So my question is can I just get a normal gear and use as an idler or do I need the correct part? Some one out there must have a lucknow snow blower. Will post pics tomorrow.

/ Lucknow snowblower
IMG_2864.JPG

/ Lucknow snowblower #5  
Have to ask Helm Engineering, not a clue. Don't work for them. Never had an issue with mine, ever.

/ Lucknow snowblower #7  
The H60 chain going to the augur has a an idler gear set up . Not a normal 17 tooth gear but it looks like its split and widened. Pretty sure all the lucknow snowblowers have the same part. So my question is can I just get a normal gear and use as an idler or do I need the correct part? Some one out there must have a lucknow snow blower. Will post pics tomorrow.

Unless Lucknow has some sort of extra load on that chain I would suspect you likely could replace with a normal pulley as long as it fits. So many other manufacturers have almost the exact same drive system and that is all they use.

/ Lucknow snowblower #8  
Unless Lucknow has some sort of extra load on that chain I would suspect you likely could replace with a normal pulley as long as it fits. So many other manufacturers have almost the exact same drive system and that is all they use.
It's not a pulley, it's an external segmented sheave. I'd remove it and size the bore and press in a new bearing or call Helm and procure a new one.

/ Lucknow snowblower #9  
Just Google "idler sprocket" and find one that fits. That just looks like a cheap riveted together sprocket with a bearing sandwiched in-between.

/ Lucknow snowblower
Looked at a JD 54" snowblower today . Just had a sprocket.