lowe's wrong chain saw in box

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #111  
I now buy my mowers, chainsaws and blowers from the local hardware store near me. I get top notch service and seasoned advice from the owner who knows the equipment.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #112  
I call what people have been posting about purchases and return, typical COVID-19 disease.

The late wife and I built the residence I live in alone in now in 1993. We installed an InSinkErator dishwasher. In late 1919 I loaded it up, pushed the button and water started leaking out around the bottom of the door. I called around trying to find a door gasket and found InSinkerator no longer made dishwasher or sold parts.

So we went looking for a new dishwasher in February of 2020. And purchased a KitchenAid dishwasher with install and carry away of old unit. Two weeks later it showed up. The individual asked where I wanted it and I told him where the old one was at. He informed me they did not remove the old or install the new. I told him to call his supervisor. He came back into my home several minutes later and advised his supervisor told him to leave the dishwasher and tell me to return to the place of purchase and discuss getting the unit installed.

I informed him to get in his truck and take the dishwasher with him and I was calling the credit card company to telling them to refuse payment. He laughed and said I would have done exactly the same.

So we again went shopping for another KitchenAid. Two weeks later it shows up the same routine of where do do want it. He comes inside and looks at the dishwasher and asks me if it was hard wired or plug in. I told him it was hard wired. He advised they could not install hardwired dishwashers only plug in’s. I told him I thought plug ins had became obsolete in the 80’s. But if he required a plug in one was on the back wall under the sink because the electrical inspector had mandated I install a plug for a disposal before he could approve the wiring because it was required by code.

He advised no the plug in had to be in the same area and underneath the dishwasher. He also advised he could not and would wait the five minutes it would take to install a plug in receptacle on the end of the wire used to hardwire the old dishwasher. I told those two to leave and take the dishwasher.

Shopping and waiting again. Get the call about delivery and install again. They show up remove the old dishwasher. Take it out and put it on the truck and bring the new dishwasher in cut the box of and install. When they tried to do the install test it failed, they reset the unit and it failed again. They called the office and the gentleman said the office is saying they will send a repair person out next week to check the unit and repair what is wrong. I said no I purchased a new dishwasher not a lemon to be fixed or repaired before it would work, take it back with you. They unloaded the old dishwasher loaded the new one back on the truck and put the old unit in the basement.

Again we went shopping. We purchased another KitchenAid. Another two or more week wait. Got the phone call requesting install date. They show up lookEd at where the unit is supposed to be and asked where the old unit was. I explained why and how it got into the basement. He laughed and said it would make his job easier.

He hand trucked the new unit in, deposited it in the middle of the floor and commented there was no name on the box. He got out his trusty box knife and cut the box open. I then heard the two individuals almost in unison say SOB. I looked to see what had prompted this since I was setting at the bar drinking coffee. The box contained a Bosch dishwasher not a KitchenAid.

He gets on the phone and after much cussing and shouting says the office says bring it back and the will send a KitchenAid out.

Two weeks later I get the phone call again. This time the gentleman said I intend to cut the top off the box in the morning before I leave with it to insure it is a KitchenAid so don’t get upset when I show up this time with a flap lid on the box. He shows up, comes and get me takes me to the truck and shows me the only opening done was cutting three sides on the top of the box so the lid could be folded back.

He installed the dishwasher and left. Everything was fine until January of this year when Kitchenaid called about a recall on the heating element and wanted to know exactly how many dishwashers I had in residence so they could send the repair people out to replace the unit. He was happy to learn only one.

Living through the Work at home snafus of the COVID-19 Pandemic has been a very frustrating experience to say the least.

Last edited:
   / lowe's wrong chain saw in box #113  
Quite the ordeal.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #114  
I call what people have been posting about purchases and return, typical COVID-19 disease.

The late wife and I built the residence I live in alone in now in 1993. We installed an InSinkErator dishwasher. In late 1919 I loaded it up, pushed the button and water started leaking out around the bottom of the door. I called around trying to find a door gasket and found InSinkerator no longer made dishwasher or sold parts.

So we went looking for a new dishwasher in February of 2020. And purchased a KitchenAid dishwasher with install and carry away of old unit. Two weeks later it showed up. The individual asked where I wanted it and I told him where the old one was at. He informed me they did not remove the old or install the new. I told him to call his supervisor. He came back into my home several minutes later and advised his supervisor told him to leave the dishwasher and tell me to return to the place of purchase and discuss getting the unit installed.

I informed him to get in his truck and take the dishwasher with him and I was calling the credit card company to telling them to refuse payment. He laughed and said I would have done exactly the same.

So we again went shopping for another KitchenAid. Two weeks later it shows up the same routine of where do do want it. He comes inside and looks at the dishwasher and asks me if it was hard wired or plug in. I told him it was hard wired. He advised they could not install hardwired dishwashers only plug in’s. I told him I thought plug ins had became obsolete in the 80’s. But if he required a plug in one was on the back wall under the sink because the electrical inspector had mandated I install a plug for a disposal before he could approve the wiring because it was required by code.

He advised no the plug in had to be in the same area and underneath the dishwasher. He also advised he could not and would wait the five minutes it would take to install a plug in receptacle on the end of the wire used to hardwire the old dishwasher. I told those two to leave and take the dishwasher.

Shopping and waiting again. Get the call about delivery and install again. They show up remove the old dishwasher. Take it out and put it on the truck and bring the new dishwasher in cut the box of and install. When they tried to do the install test it failed, they reset the unit and it failed again. They called the office and the gentleman said the office is saying they will send a repair person out next week to check the unit and repair what is wrong. I said no I purchased a new dishwasher not a lemon to be fixed or repaired before it would work, take it back with you. They unloaded the old dishwasher loaded the new one back on the truck and put the old unit in the basement.

Again we went shopping. We purchased another KitchenAid. Another two or more week wait. Got the phone call requesting install date. They show up lookEd at where the unit is supposed to be and asked where the old unit was. I explained why and how it got into the basement. He laughed and said it would make his job easier.

He hand trucked the new unit in, deposited it in the middle of the floor and commented there was no name on the box. He got out his trusty box knife and cut the box open. I then heard the two individuals almost in unison say SOB. I looked to see what had prompted this since I was setting at the bar drinking coffee. The box contained a Bosch dishwasher not a KitchenAid.

He gets on the phone and after much cussing and shouting says the office says bring it back and the will send a KitchenAid out.

Two weeks later I get the phone call again. This time the gentleman said I intend to cut the top off the box in the morning before I leave with it to insure it is a KitchenAid so don’t get upset when I show up this time with a flap lid on the box. He shows up, comes and get me takes me to the truck and shows me the only opening done was cutting three sides on the top of the box so the lid could be folded back.

He installed the dishwasher and left. Everything was fine until January of this year when Kitchenaid called about a recall on the heating element and wanted to know exactly how many dishwashers I had in residence so they could send the repair people out to replace the unit. He was happy to learn only one.

Living through the Work at home snafus of the COVID-19 Pandemic has been a very frustrating experience to say the least.
Bosch makes a superior dishwasher. I would have told them to install it.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #115  
That's what I thought until I bought one and it died in about 4 years. All appliances are a crapshoot now.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #116  
As upset as the two people were, I didn’t want to cause them anymore problems. They were independent contractors being used because businesses had a hard time during the COVID-19 pandemic in figuring out how to get employees to do appliance installs while working from home.

We have three appliances in or homes that makes life hard when they stop working and need replacing. 1. Kitchen stove, 2. Washing machine and 3. Refrigerators. I have talked the people who waited for a refrigerator for a month. One man waited over a month for a A/C replacement. The horror stories are numerous on the problems the work at home crowd caused.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #117  
When we bought that house previously it had a Samsung refrig. Board went out within 2 weeks of moving in, we had it repaired for $400....ripoff. Repair tech said with that brand most of the repairs are entire circuit boards...cant replace parts anymore. I didnt want to waste more $$$ on it after that. During COVID that refrig died. The wait to get one delivered was around 6 weeks..no thanks. Got my 2 late teenage boys, went up to Lowes, loaded it in the truck, brought it home, unloaded, up stairs, installed in 2 hours door to door. Booger up the stairs but we got it done with a dolly.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #118  
When we bought that house previously it had a Samsung refrig. Board went out within 2 weeks of moving in, we had it repaired for $400....ripoff. Repair tech said with that brand most of the repairs are entire circuit boards...cant replace parts anymore. I didnt want to waste more $$$ on it after that. During COVID that refrig died. The wait to get one delivered was around 6 weeks..no thanks. Got my 2 late teenage boys, went up to Lowes, loaded it in the truck, brought it home, unloaded, up stairs, installed in 2 hours door to door. Booger up the stairs but we got it done with a dolly.
My current refrigerator is a 27 years old GE Profile side by side. I think of what to do, repair or replace often if something happens.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #119  
That's what I thought until I bought one and it died in about 4 years. All appliances are a crapshoot now.
Sorry that happened to you. Every brand will have individual units that fail prematurely. I prefer those brands and models that have better odds. Even if 0.001% of units fail, those who own the failed units will be unhappy.