lowe's wrong chain saw in box

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #91  
Most if not all stores will not take gas tools back if they have oil or gas. A junk yard here will not take and engine block unless gas and oil are vamoosed. Oil pan musr be removed.
Years ago had a friend buy a Poulan in a box, took it home, put chain on. Backwards! Called my wanting to know why it wouldn't cut vary well.
Was your friend...... POLISH???? lol

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #92  
Years ago had a friend buy a Poulan in a box, took it home, put chain on. Backwards! Called my wanting to know why it wouldn't cut vary well.

You should have told him the starter cord was wound on in the wrong direction.

Bruce

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #93  
I just bought a new air filter for my F150 at a NAPA store. I opened the box and took a peak to make sure it was new. I told the owner why I looked and he said the first time they had some return something that was swapped out with old parts was spark plugs.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #94  
Sad to say but the moral of the story is...
Rather than being honest the OP should have put the saw back into the box, taken it back and simply said that he hadn't opened it, but had decided that it wasn't what he was looking for. :confused:

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #95  
I walk my dog every day a couple miles, you'd be amazed what I find on the berms. I walk the railroad right of way too, where my pup wants to walk, we walk.
So, when can I expect my ratchet back? My address is PO Box... :D
The most frustrating thing was that I wanted to back up and check beneath where the truck had been, to ensure that I hadn't left anything behind. The Samaritan waited to make sure I got going though, so I left without following my instincts.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #97  
My old boss works for HF corporate. If I problems with them, I could contact him directly. I have heard mixed reviews about their tools, though.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #98  
Costco has the best return policy out there!
they once took back an empty wine bottle because member had a headache the next day! No bs look it up!

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #99  
I used to work for a company that partnered with Costco. We dumped them. They have too many customers who expect everything to work like the $7 bottle of whine (yes, I spelled it that way on purpose). The relationship with Costco was a money-loser. Amazing to me how pretentious they are considering they are, in most respects the same thing as Sam's Club.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box
Costco has the best return policy out there!
they once took back an empty wine bottle because member had a headache the next day! No bs look it up!
I know a wine maker that got a contract to sell wine to Costco. Costco charged him back for wine that was returned. He was already selling at a low margin, the returns nearly bankrupt him. He said customers were returning cases of empty bottles. not sure if the customer didnt like the wine of if it was a way of cutting costs of an event.