lowe's wrong chain saw in box

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box
Well after filing a complaint with the BBB and my CC company I was able to return the saw to Lowes for a refund. I hadnt considered how much theft goes on in retail and that I would be a suspect when I returned it the first time. thanks for the responses everyone. I'm more street smart now.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #102  
Well after filing a complaint with the BBB and my CC company I was able to return the saw to Lowes for a refund. I hadnt considered how much theft goes on in retail and that I would be a suspect when I returned it the first time. thanks for the responses everyone. I'm more street smart now.

thanks for the update!🇺🇦☮️✌🏻

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #104  
It stinks that you had to do it that way. Yet there are so many people out there who would return an old saw in a box for a refund that people like you are automatically suspect because you are honest.
Confused yet? Because I sure am.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #106  
Just talking about returns with my boy and extremes people go to. He told me that some cases at Costco in TN people bring back Christmas trees right after Christmas because they claimed they didn't last as long as expected. They accepted them back willingly.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #107  
Thanks for update. You woke me up to this crap now. Thanks for post.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #108  
I got a dewalt radio for Christmas- opened it up and there was Sheetrock dust on it- not a ton but enough to make me look it over… I opened up the storage compartments and someone’s name was written in several places in marker. Luckily the store realized I wasn’t going to write someone else’s name on it and admitted that they messed up- the box looked “new” as far as I could tell even after I opened it.

Best bet would be calling above the store and explaining the story to see if they will do something.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #109  
Having spent some time in retail, customers have been told "they're always right" and act like it. Such that it's difficult to differentiate between the legitimate problem, and the person making a scene if they don't get their way.

Some time back I was in a Tractor Supply store looking to pick up a chainsaw to keep inside our camper. A guy was looking over the saws and was checking out the Poulan pretty close. He asked me what I thought and I suggested he at least consider the Jonesreds as they were better saws - he said it didn't matter anyways as "he was going to cut down the tree and return the saw afterwards", with a laugh. I said "That's pathetic this isn't a goddamn rental joint". He quickly walked off, but the buy/use/return phenomenon is more common than thought.

/ lowe's wrong chain saw in box #110  
Having spent some time in retail, customers have been told "they're always right" and act like it. Such that it's difficult to differentiate between the legitimate problem, and the person making a scene if they don't get their way.

Some time back I was in a Tractor Supply store looking to pick up a chainsaw to keep inside our camper. A guy was looking over the saws and was checking out the Poulan pretty close. He asked me what I thought and I suggested he at least consider the Jonesreds as they were better saws - he said it didn't matter anyways as "he was going to cut down the tree and return the saw afterwards", with a laugh. I said "That's pathetic this isn't a goddamn rental joint". He quickly walked off, but the buy/use/return phenomenon is more common than thought.
Some people are bring so much used stuff back that merchants have started asking for a drivers license number for certain purchases to track the one borrowing and using and then bring back,