Loud bang and the clutch stopped working ....

/ Loud bang and the clutch stopped working ....
That's a sorry excuse for a clutch disc. That kind of failure just shouldn't happen if the clutch is sized to the engine torque.
I thought so too until I realized that same clutch is used in a Case/IH 523 which has 11 more HP. I think its more of a one-off failure, especially with only 250 hours on the machine.

/ Loud bang and the clutch stopped working .... #13  
That's how they build things now in the "Save the Planet" era. 😏

/ Loud bang and the clutch stopped working .... #14  
FWIW, r.e. that style of clutch: The guy who installed my replacement Kioti clutch used the pad style saying he'd found over the years that they are more robust than disc clutches. For reference he's a 74 yr old, lifetime tractor mechanic from a JD dealership background. I hope he's right. Clutches are very generic parts in tractors that often cover lots of brands/models.
Murphy's law applies to many mechanical parts?

FWIW, r.e. that style of clutch: The guy who installed my replacement Kioti clutch used the pad style saying he'd found over the years that they are more robust than disc clutches. For reference he's a 74 yr old, lifetime tractor mechanic from a JD dealership background. I hope he's right. Clutches are very generic parts in tractors that often cover lots of brands/models.
Murphy's law applies to many mechanical parts?
Yes, I was amazed to see that the same clutch plate is listed as a replacement on an 80hp Case/IH 845. Should defiantly be strong enough for my little 40hp Mahindra.

/ Loud bang and the clutch stopped working .... #16  
Yes, I was amazed to see that the same clutch plate is listed as a replacement on an 80hp Case/IH 845. Should defiantly be strong enough for my little 40hp Mahindra.
You mean it has the exact same part number??

SR

Attachments

• Comp.jpg
    Comp.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 52
Welp, 3 days for shipping and 4 days grunting and tugging (and a new Harbor Freight 2 ton engine hoist) and I'm up and running again. I also changed the oil and hydraulic since I had it apart as well as full greasing and fixed some routing and protection issues with the wiring and hydraulics.

Dealer quoted me $4k to $5k and 30 to 90 days after they get the parts (Expected 3-4 months for parts delivery).

My total cost including clutch, release bearing, filters and fluids, plus a new engine hoist; less than $700.00

/ Loud bang and the clutch stopped working .... #19  
I think I found my problem, surprisingly I didn't see any thing else damaged.

Whatever got into them to use a radiator fan for a clutch plate?

/ Loud bang and the clutch stopped working .... #20  
That's how they build things now in the "Save the Planet" era. 😏
I think it's more likely made like that to save pennies/dollars and increase profit....