Losing a best friend

/ Losing a best friend #12  
Beautiful pics of a beautiful girl. They stay with us long after they leave.

/ Losing a best friend #13  
That is a tough thing to go through, I know that our pets/companions have feelings and emotions and are family. When I had to put ole Spanky down, I cried like a three year old. But I try to remember that the last thing she remembered was my warm touch, kind voice and loving touch. Don’t know if our animals go to heaven, I like to think that they do cause God knows how we felt about certain animals then he will surely give us that reunion again.

/ Losing a best friend #14  
I lost my dog 7 years ago now she was a beauty and once in a while I still dream about her... they definitely leave a mark.

/ Losing a best friend #15  
It freaks you out when you think you can hear their claws running on the floor, but they have long since passed away, pr you swear you heard them bark or whine, but you know they’re gone.
I can no longer own dogs because their passing is too painful. Maybe I will get another when I get up there in the years.
Dogs are non-judgemental. They don’t care what you look like or if you drive a fancy car. They just want love and give love & loyalty in return.

/ Losing a best friend #16  
One reason I'm hesitating on getting another dog.

Too painful to have to say goodbye.

/ Losing a best friend #18  
Another way to look at it though is shelters are full of abandoned cats and dogs. Yes it's painful when they pass but they had a chance of a good life they otherwise wouldn't have.
Someone recently dropped off this kitten which we adopted, vet gave shots and it will live in horse stable. Below freezing I've been letting it stay in garage where thermostat is at 50. "Nightshade", 4 months old veterinarian believes.
Last picture is Topper the house cat at Christmas. Lower left is a ghostly cat image looks like cat he replaced.
20230206_145602.jpg
20230202_194832.jpg
20230129_211733.jpg
20230117_152038.jpg
20221224_163139.jpg

/ Losing a best friend #19  
They touch us with their innocence. They strengthen us with their loyalty. They teach us what it means to be a friend. It's better to have loved and lost...yeah yeah yea

/ Losing a best friend #20  
After suddenly losing Titus, the best canine companion in November, we got another puppy. He fills the hole in our home and heart. I do wish we had gotten the puppy before Titus passed. The adult dog teaches the puppy many things. Most of all the adult provides puppy with attention and exercise.

Attachments

• IMG_5055.JPEG
    IMG_5055.JPEG
    1.4 MB · Views: 60