Losing a best friend

/ Losing a best friend #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
My girl Kess. It's been six years or so since she left. I gave her the best of me and tried to be her best friend as well.
Thought I would share the progression of her life right up to the goodbye. :cry:

75-2.jpg

73-2.jpg

69.jpg

68.jpg

5.jpg

/ Losing a best friend #3  
Brakes my heart .Im so sorry for your loss. I had to put down my girl just before Christmas. I'm still very emotional about the whole situation 😢.

/ Losing a best friend #4  
Know what you mean, We lost one last June that was with us 17 years. She was failing and we could see it but at the end one morning we let her out, she came back in with us and lay down and passed just like that. Her name was Willow but called Munker more she loved to search out a chipmunk. Last couple of years she was nearly deaf but learned to come to hand signals. Also know as the Little White Terror, LWT. She loved to run and greet everyone.

Bill

Attachments

• Photo-0005.jpg
    Photo-0005.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • Photo-0168.jpg
    Photo-0168.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
   / Losing a best friend #5  
I hate putting them into the ground and remember every one of them. By now it is a long list, seems like one every 2 to 3 years. Last one was just over 2 years ago and now my oldest is 10 and slowing down, plus there is the little one that was dumped on the road and we have no idea how old she is but we've had here for more than 10 years now. I keep a l pack around to deal with the loss, keeps me moving every day.
See now I have an itch for another puppy.... youngest is almost an adult now at 3.

/ Losing a best friend #6  
Memories to cherish.

/ Losing a best friend #7  
It's hard to deal with....RIP

/ Losing a best friend #9  
So sorry for your loss. Nice tribute pics.
This is the first time in over 40 years that we are down to just one pup. We lost our little girl 1 1/2 years ago and I still miss her every day!

I have been hinting at the wifey about getting another puppy but she is making a good argument against it ... for now. Our current dog, Max, is only 4 now, finally calming down and getting past his adolescence.

/ Losing a best friend #10  
Greatest tragedy of life is that our lives are so long yet our dogs lives are so short.
I believe God made it that way to remind us to cherish our own lives.