• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Looking at TX25

/ Looking at TX25 #1  

needmoredirt

Silver Member
Tractor
L2501HST4WD, BadBoy ZT, JD 125, JKU Rubicon
Looked at subs from green and orange. 1series and bx. Expensive and kinda weak it many ways (add-ons needed/wanted - GREAT RESALE tho). So many trade-offs. great financing and insurance for on/off property anything I mess up, roll (hope that doesn't happen!!!) as often as I need for $250 or $500 deductible depending on color.

Saw the Summit, seems this guy can do more (alwys need more, right?), more features except decent financing and insurance???

My son and I are neighbors, 4+ acres total. I have a lot of leveling, more dirt to add (close by), nuking swells, leveling what a SS didn't do very well IMHO, leveling for above ground pool (grandkids, SMH). Mowing w/ZT rattles my teeth and kidneys, need more speed, less breaks when mowing. Tractor would get some use (and sit some). When you need a tool, you need a tool, shovels and wheelbarrows won't cut it, I'm old too.

These are nice lots, can't be leaving ruts everywhere, green and orange seem gentle on turf (even w/out turf tires). How are the R14's if I go easy, I know the summit is heavy in comparison?

Not even sure what implements I'll need but will find excuses to spend $ as time goes on (big surprise there). Post hole digger would be nice (no mention anywhere), box blade (must have?) before hydomulching come Sept (Texas heat, no way to keep it wet and cool in the dead of summer), forks (just cuz) and backhoe (kinda doubt that's gonna happen - would be handy).

Comments/questions welcome, I'm new to tractor world, willing to gamble a bit on new offerings, just don't want to burn $25K and take a major hit if a tractor ends up sitting too much when it's all said and (never) done.

/ Looking at TX25 #2  
The weight of the Summit is a plus in the roll over prevention area of things. Here in MI the weight of the tractor could be a negative when the ground is soft. But other wise for everything else, I consider the extra weight a plus.

I am chomping at the bit to pick one up also, but it's going to be a while ;(

/ Looking at TX25
Weight is a double edged sword for me and why I asked about tires.

Hard sell at $20K, even w/insurance if there was any, green and orange is king in that dept.

/ Looking at TX25 #4  
Looked at subs from green and orange. 1series and bx. Expensive and kinda weak it many ways (add-ons needed/wanted - GREAT RESALE tho). So many trade-offs. great financing and insurance for on/off property anything I mess up, roll (hope that doesn't happen!!!) as often as I need for $250 or $500 deductible depending on color.

Saw the Summit, seems this guy can do more (alwys need more, right?), more features except decent financing and insurance???

My son and I are neighbors, 4+ acres total. I have a lot of leveling, more dirt to add (close by), nuking swells, leveling what a SS didn't do very well IMHO, leveling for above ground pool (grandkids, SMH). Mowing w/ZT rattles my teeth and kidneys, need more speed, less breaks when mowing. Tractor would get some use (and sit some). When you need a tool, you need a tool, shovels and wheelbarrows won't cut it, I'm old too.

These are nice lots, can't be leaving ruts everywhere, green and orange seem gentle on turf (even w/out turf tires). How are the R14's if I go easy, I know the summit is heavy in comparison?

Not even sure what implements I'll need but will find excuses to spend $ as time goes on (big surprise there). Post hole digger would be nice (no mention anywhere), box blade (must have?) before hydomulching come Sept (Texas heat, no way to keep it wet and cool in the dead of summer), forks (just cuz) and backhoe (kinda doubt that's gonna happen - would be handy).

Comments/questions welcome, I'm new to tractor world, willing to gamble a bit on new offerings, just don't want to burn $25K and take a major hit if a tractor ends up sitting too much when it's all said and (never) done.
Hi there, thanks for your interest in our tractors! The tractor is built to be one of the heaviest in it's class for reasons like being able to do heavy duty work and also keeping the operator safe (no rolling). To go along with this we have added R14 goodyear tires that a 3-in-1 blend to hold up well on rough terrain but also gentle enough to not tear up your lawn!

Regarding your implements, you can find our branded products on our direct online attachment store summittractorsattachments.com we will be adding more products like a post hole digger, pallet forks, and more soon. Currently there is a Grapple, BoxPlane, and our Backhoe available.

Lastly, soon our retailers will also be carrying our attachments in the stores to be sold along side or attached to the tractors.

We appreciate your interest and hope this info helps!

/ Looking at TX25
Thx, it did!

I didn't see the post hole digger option, got a link?

Assume it is a gravity fed, depth is important (orange bx is only good for 24", gravity - assume I'm need a SS for rock if/when encountered)).

Any idea what the details are re:financing?

Insurance for on-property/off?

Asking a retailer for this info is like asking "where is the chicken food" - deer in headlights too often ;~)>

/ Looking at TX25 #6  
I just bought a TX 25 on Thursday and picked it up Friday evening. Since this is my first tractor so I've been practicing a bit around the yard. We had rain here in Central Georgia Friday and Saturday night, and I mean rain! Anyway, I drove through the front yard yesterday and didn't see any ruts or damage to the grass. My yard is a sandy base rather than clay. So far I'm very pleased with my Summit TX25. Their web support is fantastic. I've asked them several questions, even before I bought the tractor, and they've gotten back to me with written responses in .less than 24v hours and even called me. I'm impressed.

/ Looking at TX25 #7  
I have no dog in the hunt here but since this is a public forum I am inclined to throw in my $0.02 here. I have been a subcompact tractor owner for more than a decade. Before that, it was both bigger and smaller tractors. I saw the ads quite some time back for the Summit tractors. I liked what I saw. The features and optional attachments put this in the category of well thought out and executed. I was very definitely on the fence about buying a new brand on the market. Fast forward a number of months and I saw one at a farm store in Texas. I had read all I could find on them, I had watched YT religiously for any information that was out there. After seeing it setting in front of me, I am sold on them. They aren't available in this area yet but I am not quite retired yet but when I do, I intend to get one. The build quality was equal to the best of the green and orange brands. The builder has been around for a long time. Nobody wants to think about a warranty claim but from the comments and threads here, I am willing to take a chance on it. The size and features are exactly what I want in a small tractor.

/ Looking at TX25
Your $.02 is appreciated for sure!

I like what I see as well. There are execution details, risk, adjustments, new offerings and unknowns.

$20K (hardly what I would consider "well under $20K" (red flag), 30% financing??? (red flag if so - no idea). Future resale on history (none - think RK)? Implements I *think* I need (I'm ignorant - one would have to look at my ideas, what I'm trying to accomplish, or, I'm on my own, a given!).

I will ONLY stack the cards in my favor (perception probably).

Again, IDK and the reason I post.

What I do know, green is out, orange in, summit in the running hard, knowing well, after I pull whatever trigger, get the wallet out.

I want to learn, I'm not a farmer, want what I have to be nice and enjoy life.

If that makes any sense...

/ Looking at TX25 #9  
Atwoods has it at $19,499. Their website shows 7.99% APR for 60 months.

1688594190340.png

/ Looking at TX25
$19.5K+ (too much!!! NOT "well under $20K") @ 7.99% will not happen, that rate sounds like risk, I'm not a risk, not sure about the rest (red flag).

Payments really don't matter, interest eats everyone, won't happen here. Monkey numbers not happening, been there, done that game.

Thanks for the quote!!!

Ad bottom of page