Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #131  
View attachment 727956
Folks that have never had to deal with Joe Public will never understand this. There are many reasons, not just because of problematic customers.
Your last few words(problematic customers ) I will ad to that or (problematic owners who are CLUELESS to the buying public)

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #132  
Along this thought…….there’s a sign I’ve been wanting to post in my shop.

“We love all our customers going through our door, some when they come in…..others when they leave”
:ROFLMAO:

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #134  
It's interesting how this topic has devolved into a discussion on dealer support and loyalty. It all started with one poster stating along the lines of, "when I walked in to inquire about a trade-in, you were rude and didn't give me the time of day."

The knee-jerk defensiveness from the dealer, combined with doubling down on his tough-stance approach towards customers, appears to have put off a number of people, myself included, including some prospective customers (although due to geographic location I don't fall into the latter category).

Sadly, I can only wonder how different the reaction might have been if the response had simply been, "Sorry about that. You must have caught me on a bad day. Stop in and let me know how I can (re)earn your business."

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #135  
Currently my AV guy/company will only service their customers (you bought a TV from them, they will come out and troubleshoot your issue)

My mechanic will now only take on only prior customers the same is now true for my mobile diesel mechanic, tree service and electrician

I’m sure there are others in my circle, I just haven’t needed service over the past 3 months

It will only get tougher, I would guess.
There is blame to go around but the “public” hasn’t been held as accountable as the shops/owners/operators. (Just watch the Yelp South Park episode)
It seems there is now some correction and tightening of customer circles

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #136  
It's a pretty safe bet this guy wasn't in business in 2008-2009 when well established successful dealerships were struggling to generate enough cash flow to keep the lights on.
He will change his tune if/when those economic conditions return.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #138  
View attachment 727956
Folks that have never had to deal with Joe Public will never understand this. There are many reasons, not just because of problematic customers.

...and WE reserve the right To Refuse Patronage to any Business.

Businesses that do not treat customers with deference and respect won't have to "deal with Joe Public" for very long.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #139  
You are outside looking in. He had a loyal following. I've talked to his customers and they liked him. I understand your wheels are turning. This is why you have the option to go to another dealer. Some people just can't see eye to eye. And as you know and have seen you probably will take your equipment back to them for service. This is like a political argument no one is reaching across the isle here. I realize that I may rub some people wrong and I'm ok with it. Again like I said previously its like a marriage. I have customers I don't want and customers I do.
Dang, that's too bad for you. I bought my Kioti used, private party, and when the check engine light came on, I asked my local dealer as politely as I could if they would troubleshoot if for me and possibly repair under warranty. They were extremely friendly about it, and transferred my warranty over for a small fee. As a result, I gladly paid them full price for an implement I'd been wanting. If they had denied me warranty service, zero chance I would have ever, EVER set foot on their property again or given them a single dollar.

When you get paid directly by a manufacturer to cover repairs under warranty, why do you care if the customer originally bought the tractor from you or not? It actually makes no difference to you financially at that point, and you lose the prospect of any future business with that individual (or 3 or 10 more depending on how word spreads). Just seems like stubborn pride, you know? It's not like someone goes to a different dealer to intentionally screw you out of a sale, and then expects to walk all over you for warranty coverage in the future.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #140  
Dang, that's too bad for you. I bought my Kioti used, private party, and when the check engine light came on, I asked my local dealer as politely as I could if they would troubleshoot if for me and possibly repair under warranty. They were extremely friendly about it, and transferred my warranty over for a small fee. As a result, I gladly paid them full price for an implement I'd been wanting. If they had denied me warranty service, zero chance I would have ever, EVER set foot on their property again or given them a single dollar.

When you get paid directly by a manufacturer to cover repairs under warranty, why do you care if the customer originally bought the tractor from you or not? It actually makes no difference to you financially at that point, and you lose the prospect of any future business with that individual (or 3 or 10 more depending on how word spreads). Just seems like stubborn pride, you know? It's not like someone goes to a different dealer to intentionally screw you out of a sale, and then expects to walk all over you for warranty coverage in the future.
Yes, instead of worrying about where they bought their last tractor, maybe he should focus more on where they will buy their next one.
But hey, he's got his principles...