Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #121  
And that is too bad. My neighbor has a Montana and it’s a great tractor. I have used it many times.

Bakoj, I'm hesitant to respond to anything, but I will answer that question. When a customer comes in for a warranty. We can fix things that are less than 1000.00 for parts with out a Repair Number. We need to take several pictures and order the parts if we don't have them in stock. When the parts come in then we install them. The issue I have is that they alot times for the repair that sometimes don't really cover the repair. The paperwork is like doing a mortgage. Then it is submitted and the wait begins. Before you know it you get an E-Mail that says the warranty claim is denied ?? You go thru a process that makes you want to pull your hair out. We do not get paid for all the paperwork, loading pic's and the reports needed for it. This is the worst part of what I do with the manufacturer.
Realize they just want to sell tractors to whomever wants to buy them. We have a contract that clearly states we have an AOR ( Area Of Responsibility ) I try in every way to follow this, including calling a dealer in the area for customers. This will allow for local interaction between the end user and the dealer. This is how it should work. I've gained alot of respect from dealers because of how I handle these sales. I've also irritated alot of customers doing this. I guess my approach is I would rather have a customer out of my AOR mad at me than a local one.
I have lost a ton of small warranty claims just because I did not want to be P- off by my supplier, and I did not file claims. I was told by my TM that I have one of the lowest warranty claims of most dealers. Just get tired of the fight with corporate. Now with that said throw some retails in the mix from dealers that just want to push products and have not a care of where it goes. This is what I call a car dealer mentality !! Just being in business without product & Parts is bad enough, now throw in the customer that will drive 2 hours to save a buck and then want you to solve his issues. This is not fair to any dealer anywhere.
like Bransons approach to this it states that the selling dealer is and should be the servicing dealer. This is the approach that alot of dealers are going to and starting to take these days. I guess I'm the only one that is willing to front the underlying ideas and problems. I'm sure I will again be smeared for stating what I have. Just understand theirs always 2 sides to every story and this is my take on the life of being a tractor dealer. Realize I get along very well with 4 Kioti dealers in the state of MI. We talk often and do dealer trades. I have a couple that I just can't get along with. I think they hurt the value of the brand when they don't profit from the sale. This also affects resale value of products and my employees and growth of a business. I'm not just talking my business. I again have talked to several dealers that are effected by this. Kioti has a dealer that has sold in 34 States last year. How's that sound. Remember that we have an AOR in a contract. What good is a contract if things are not enforced ? So the subject of terminating a dealer because he puts warranty work from product that he didn't sell on the back burner ! Just not sure what to say without incriminating myself. Just trying to make a point that the buyer does not understand.
Budds, you did not realize that part of business (good) is taking care of a non-purchased from you, tractor?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #122  
That's the understanding you have of my business or maybe business in general. I have a sign above my sales desk that states we service what we sell and others by choice. I had a Kubota dealer in my town that owned his business for 34 years ( I think ) He would only service Kubotas that he sold. I had that feed back frequently from customers that wanted us to service them. I thought as a youngster in this industry that it seemed crazy. After being seasoned by the industry I can now understand where he was coming from. You can judge it as you will. but I feel the way I operate is working and I have a happy customer base. Your in a free country , give this industry a whirl. This is my second business and I'm sure I will start another. Happy to give solid advice that maybe you personally would not like, not sure.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #123  
That's the understanding you have of my business or maybe business in general. I have a sign above my sales desk that states we service what we sell and others by choice. I had a Kubota dealer in my town that owned his business for 34 years ( I think ) He would only service Kubotas that he sold. I had that feed back frequently from customers that wanted us to service them. I thought as a youngster in this industry that it seemed crazy. After being seasoned by the industry I can now understand where he was coming from. You can judge it as you will. but I feel the way I operate is working and I have a happy customer base. Your in a free country , give this industry a whirl. This is my second business and I'm sure I will start another. Happy to give solid advice that maybe you personally would not like, not sure.
Yup Dakins Kubota.He did business JUST like you do the reason I went north and purchased $60,000 in kubota mowers,RTV and much More.I also had my co-workers at consumers eng./family and friends avoid his business..He LOST a ton of $$$.I now take my Kubotas to be serviced/parts by the folks who bought old grumpy Dakins out.

Attachments

• Ford Truck 122.jpg
    Ford Truck 122.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 358
  • tempImagemvRb2x.jpg
    tempImagemvRb2x.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 318
  • tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,024

Last edited:
   / Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #124  
It is amazing how reputation and word of mouth can make or break a business. By turning away a single customer you may be turning away several. But hey, you gotta stick to your "principles".

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #125  
It is amazing how reputation and word of mouth can make or break a business. By turning away a single customer you may be turning away several. But hey, you gotta stick to your "principles".
That "single customer" can turn into 100, 1000 future customers . . . this is not doing him any good.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #126  
You are outside looking in. He had a loyal following. I've talked to his customers and they liked him. I understand your wheels are turning. This is why you have the option to go to another dealer. Some people just can't see eye to eye. And as you know and have seen you probably will take your equipment back to them for service. This is like a political argument no one is reaching across the isle here. I realize that I may rub some people wrong and I'm ok with it. Again like I said previously its like a marriage. I have customers I don't want and customers I do.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #127  
You are outside looking in. He had a loyal following. I've talked to his customers and they liked him. I understand your wheels are turning. This is why you have the option to go to another dealer. Some people just can't see eye to eye. And as you know and have seen you probably will take your equipment back to them for service. This is like a political argument no one is reaching across the isle here. I realize that I may rub some people wrong and I'm ok with it. Again like I said previously its like a marriage. I have customers I don't want and customers I do.
O K . . .

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #128  
Bakoj, I'm hesitant to respond to anything, but I will answer that question. When a customer comes in for a warranty. We can fix things that are less than 1000.00 for parts with out a Repair Number. We need to take several pictures and order the parts if we don't have them in stock. When the parts come in then we install them. The issue I have is that they alot times for the repair that sometimes don't really cover the repair. The paperwork is like doing a mortgage. Then it is submitted and the wait begins. Before you know it you get an E-Mail that says the warranty claim is denied ?? You go thru a process that makes you want to pull your hair out. We do not get paid for all the paperwork, loading pic's and the reports needed for it. This is the worst part of what I do with the manufacturer.
Realize they just want to sell tractors to whomever wants to buy them. We have a contract that clearly states we have an AOR ( Area Of Responsibility ) I try in every way to follow this, including calling a dealer in the area for customers. This will allow for local interaction between the end user and the dealer. This is how it should work. I've gained alot of respect from dealers because of how I handle these sales. I've also irritated alot of customers doing this. I guess my approach is I would rather have a customer out of my AOR mad at me than a local one.
I have lost a ton of small warranty claims just because I did not want to be P- off by my supplier, and I did not file claims. I was told by my TM that I have one of the lowest warranty claims of most dealers. Just get tired of the fight with corporate. Now with that said throw some retails in the mix from dealers that just want to push products and have not a care of where it goes. This is what I call a car dealer mentality !! Just being in business without product & Parts is bad enough, now throw in the customer that will drive 2 hours to save a buck and then want you to solve his issues. This is not fair to any dealer anywhere.
like Bransons approach to this it states that the selling dealer is and should be the servicing dealer. This is the approach that alot of dealers are going to and starting to take these days. I guess I'm the only one that is willing to front the underlying ideas and problems. I'm sure I will again be smeared for stating what I have. Just understand theirs always 2 sides to every story and this is my take on the life of being a tractor dealer. Realize I get along very well with 4 Kioti dealers in the state of MI. We talk often and do dealer trades. I have a couple that I just can't get along with. I think they hurt the value of the brand when they don't profit from the sale. This also affects resale value of products and my employees and growth of a business. I'm not just talking my business. I again have talked to several dealers that are effected by this. Kioti has a dealer that has sold in 34 States last year. How's that sound. Remember that we have an AOR in a contract. What good is a contract if things are not enforced ? So the subject of terminating a dealer because he puts warranty work from product that he didn't sell on the back burner ! Just not sure what to say without incriminating myself. Just trying to make a point that the buyer does not understand.
Kudos to you for taking care of your customers! I bought my CUT based upon dealer location to my property. IMO that has worked out best for me. At Christmas these last many years I bought gift cards for my salesman, mechanic and parts manager - nothing for the wifey 🤓.

My kids tell me I’m a “suck up” because I always interacted with my professors and made sure they knew my name. But, I graduated with a 4.0 GPA summa *** laude at 55 years old. Our society has diminished the importance of personal relationships with other people.

The dealer and his employees are my friends, they look out for my interests and I give them my business.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #130  
Your business model not mine whatever you think works for you go for it.Not trying to be disrespectful but I would never step another foot in your door based on what you have posted on this site.Good luck to you.