Loader Quick Connects

/ Loader Quick Connects #1  

AndyG

Silver Member
I have a TC40 with a 17LA loader. One of the hydraulic quick connectors is leaking. Is there any way to service or repair the connector? If not what size/style of connector do i need to buy at the farm store?

/ Loader Quick Connects #2  
If the quick connect has an o-ring seal, try replacing the o-ring. o-rings are cheap. I bought a small kit of various size o-rings at Fleet Farm for that same problem.

/ Loader Quick Connects #3  
Andy, thanks to the great resource at Messicks.com, I can tell you the exact part numbers of the o-ring seals you need. It's as follows:

O-Ring used is 122056 & Back-Up Ring used is 647327

The o-ring was in stock at my dealer, but the backup ring was not. I'd bet you have a cut o-ring and the teflon backup ring is fine. That's all mine had and it was a simple job to fish out the damaged o-ring and replace it with part number 122056. Get an extra one for a spare if you connect/disconnect often.

/ Loader Quick Connects #5  
Andy, thanks to the great resource at Messicks.com,.
Do the prices at Messicks.com reflect the same or close price of local dealers?

Also, is there a way to submit your tractor serial number to New Holland and get a detailed data report of what was actually used in your tractor when built? There are so many entries of the same section diagrams, determining which components are actually in yours, could be difficult or impossible prior to a tear down. I imagine this duplication is due to the frequent changing of
design during a tractor model's lifetime. The parts diagram's and component listings in the on-line catalog at the New Holland site have better viewing, downloading, and saving options but the prices are not available unless an account is opened with the New Holland on-line store.
I like using the diagrams to help determine where parts are located and how they function.
Ron

/ Loader Quick Connects #6  
Do the prices at Messicks.com reflect the same or close price of local dealers?

Messicks prices are generally less for instock items. After shipping, it may be a wash or slightly higher compared to the local dealer. Several times, I've had my local dealer meet Messicks prices when I showed them the difference, but I don't make a habit of doing that. My local dealer has given me several price breaks on equipment in the past and it just doesn't seem right to always hammer them for lower prices. They have their own expenses that can vary widely throughout the dealer network. So if their price is reasonable, I just pay and go away happy that they are there when I need them.:)

/ Loader Quick Connects
I tried my O-ring assortment and did not find a good fit. There is a Case dealer next door to work. Does anyone have a cross reference from New Holland to Case? Does anyone have the dimensions of the O-ring that I can take to the auto parts store?

/ Loader Quick Connects #8  
Case parts:

COUPLING
3/8" NPTF, O-Ring used is 238-5017 & Back-Up Ring used is 647327

/ Loader Quick Connects
Thanks Jinman. I did find a gouge in the o-ring when I took it out last night so I'm sure that a new one will fix the problem. I can stop after work to get the proper o-ring.

/ Loader Quick Connects #10  
I went to Messicks.com and used their Case lookup to find those numbers. The backup o-ring is the same number. I have no idea why the seal o-ring number is different. I think I'd take my old o-ring with me and both numbers in case the Case dealer can reference both NH and Case numbers.

I also think you might find an auto or truck parts house with a similar o-ring. I'd bet if you took that o-ring into a NAPA store you could find a match. If I can remember, I'm going to do that because my NAPA store is 1/2 the distance as my NH dealer and they have better hours. Once I find a suitable o-ring, I can probably match it at almost any auto parts store. At least that's my theory until I'm proven wrong.;)