Lift arm drop

/ Lift arm drop #1  

rolamy

Tractor
Branson 4820R
Quick question, I have a 4820R , got a ballast box with about 1,000 lbs in it. When the tractor is running and lift arms raised to highest position the lift arms slowly (about 30 seconds)drop about a half inch and then bounce back to previous position . Is this normal? Thanks much!

/ Lift arm drop #2  
does any other part of your hydraulic system stutter like this? I.E the front end loader or the power steering( with four wheel drive off)?
stuttering usually indicates air getting into the system somehow and when the cylinder tries to pressurize it hits and air bubble on the piston head causing it to retract backwards then it tries to repressurize this creates that stuttering effect, if its just your three point lift doing this i would recommend check all the hydraulic hose connection at the rear to make sure they are all still tight even a bit of looseness on the fittings can allow air to enter the system creating air bubbles in the oil.

now if the hydraulic system across the tractor is doing this i would recommend checking the soft rubber hoses at the following places as the hose clamps may have come loose allowing air in,
1st place would be the soft hose on top of the hydraulic pumps, these hose clamps often loosen first over any other due to the nature of where they are located directly by the engine,
the second place would be to check the soft rubber hose that feed the hydraulic oil filter housing i have had these loosen as well creating similar issues.

/ Lift arm drop
Yes it is just the 3pt. I will do as you suggested and check and tighten. Thanks for the quick response.

/ Lift arm drop #4  
Sounds like possible leak in 3 point circuit. Could either be control valve or lift piston seals. Cylinder leaks down, position control lifts back up. Possible air but that typically manifest itself in rest of circuits.