Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,971  
In my browsing, trying to identify the Rinieri TRC 185 mower I just picked up at auction...

They seem to have a unique feature that I hadn't noticed before with the TRU-D mower that is "reversible".

TRU-D-min.png

Apparently designed to mount either forwards or backwards, depending on one's preferred direction of mowing.

That isn't the model I had found at auction. But, it does make one think about the possibilities.

Ouch!!! Those are rather more expensive than what I paid!!!

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,972  
Whether you want to sharpen the side slicer knives or simply flip them
is an issue you have to mull over as the knife mounting stations do not
look healthy and the mower has seen a great deal of use and removing
the nuts with a grinder would be the way to go on this.
Once I get going I'll look at that closer. The mower seemed to shred anything I needed to shred as is.

However, those look like cotter pins and not nuts. So, they should come off relatively easily. Then I just have to determine if they're worth saving... the pins and not the cotters.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,973  
I just replaced all the pins and cutters on mine as well as rebuilding the roller. I would much rather do the cotter and pin then the bolt & nut like on my New Holland 918H. The pins had some wear but most of them probably would have been fine for another round.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,974  
In my browsing, trying to identify the Rinieri TRC 185 mower I just picked up at auction...

They seem to have a unique feature that I hadn't noticed before with the TRU-D mower that is "reversible".

Apparently designed to mount either forwards or backwards, depending on one's preferred direction of mowing.

That isn't the model I had found at auction. But, it does make one think about the possibilities.

Ouch!!! Those are rather more expensive than what I paid!!!

I think they mean it can be mounted either behind or in front of the tractor.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,975  
I think they mean it can be mounted either behind or in front of the tractor.

Yes, that it is what Rinierie is describing exactly to the reader meaning the flail shredder can be mounted on the front of a tractor with a front three point hitch and power take off as well as the rear power take off.
The galvanized shields/folding shutters that are in front and the rear are required by the EU farm equipment safety regulations.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,976  
Hello and good morning CliffordK,

www.USfarmer.com

From www.equipmentradar.com

Lucky you, Landini has a farm equipment dealer in California with 2 dealerships!

The Landini dealers name is San Joaquin Tractor Company and they have 2 dealerships,
one in Bakersfield and the other in Wasco.

Bakersfield, California office 1-661-324-4517

Wasco, California office 1-661-758-3953

Please do not give up on that beautiful Italian track drive Mule!

Landini still makes farm equipment in Italy so please don't give up as I am sure they can help you
with that beautiful tracked mule.

www.landini.it

They still manufacture 2 crawler models and they are built well enough to drool over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,977  
Thanks for the links. I followed Landini's global website, and they didn't list any USA dealerships, although a few tractors and crawlers show up in the USA, so there had to be a dealership somewhere.

It is a unique machine. It is tiny and low to the ground for the horsepower that it packs. I did have a thread about it here:

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,978  
I have a mott 72 with gauge wheels on the back but mine still has the roller as well. you have the long finish knife configuration which should be pinned on. Mine has the bolted on D-ring and short knives configuration. I think the D-ring is more resistant to rough cutting configurations but it is still the fine cut version with lots of knife stations. the rough cut versions have a lot less knife stations and the knives are much more beefy.

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #7,979  
Call the people at San Juaquin in either Bakersfield or Wasco Ca. to get
a manual for your Landini.