Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,821  
I've read about kevlar belts in this thread but can't seem to find any for the 25a. Anyone got a source for a kevlar equivalent to a C54 v-belt?

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,822  
You can order a Gates V belt on line from Walmart from $27.65 if their advertising is right.
KAMAN Industrial Supply is another source as well.
I've found belts galore, just none in kevlar like I've seen recommended in this thread.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,823  
You can order kevlar/aramid C-54 V belts from www.vbeltsforless.com for $9.63 plus tax and shipping cost.

Last edited:
   / Let's talk flail mowers #7,824  
You can order kevlar/aramid C-54 V belts from www.vbeltsforless.com for $9.63 plus tax and shipping cost.
Looks like that's for the EPDM/rubber v-belt. They don't appear to have the proper size Kevlar belts. I've yet to find anyone with a C54 in Kevlar.

Odds are if I did find one the price difference wouldn't be worth it, but it would be interesting to find out.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,825  
Looks like that's for the EPDM/rubber v-belt. They don't appear to have the proper size Kevlar belts. I've yet to find anyone with a C54 in Kevlar.

Odds are if I did find one the price difference wouldn't be worth it, but it would be interesting to find out.
Vbeltsupply.com

GATES HIGH POWER C-4 V belt $36.54 +tax and shipping

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,826  
Vbeltsupply.com

GATES HIGH POWER C-4 V belt $36.54 +tax and shipping
I appreciate your efforts but that's not Kevlar either, lol. I'm starting to think that size just isn't made.

Thanks again for looking. I'll eventually find it if it's available.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,827  
I've read about kevlar belts in this thread but can't seem to find any for the 25a. Anyone got a source for a kevlar equivalent to a C54 v-belt?
I put a Gates belt on my 25A 4 years ago. I see no wear yet.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,828  
I put a Gates belt on my 25A 4 years ago. I see no wear yet.
Yeah, I've got a Gates on mine as well, no wear yet but I just started using it so I have no experience to rely on.

I've read about Kevlar belts in this thread and it sounds like they might be superior, but availability and price (if I can find one) would probably make it less of a value that it first seems.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,829  
There are 3x gates belts on my Woodmaxx FM-62. No wear and I have about 25 hours on it.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,830  
I appreciate your efforts but that's not Kevlar either, lol. I'm starting to think that size just isn't made.

Thanks again for looking. I'll eventually find it if it's available.

I just use regular belts on my Alamo (Gates or D&D Power). I always have a spare, though. When I put the spare on, I order another spare. I don't break belts unless something gets tangled in the rotor or I pick up something that brings it to a dead stop. That seems to happen every other year.

For blades and hangers hit up flailmaster.com. They have all sorts of parts for many different brands of flail mowers. I believe you can put the Alamo style blades on the JD mower and save some money over the scoops. I know I put the Alamo style on my Ford 917 mower without any issues and saved quite a bit over the airplane wings that it came with.