LED Light Bar

/ LED Light Bar #11  
Have any of you felt that you had too much light at night with blowing snow? I've had it so bright and with the blowing snow was completely lost and drove off the pavement well into the field it was blowing so hard. I've only lived here for 30 and constructed the driveway 34 years ago so its not like I don't know my way.

/ LED Light Bar #12  
Let there be light - L4060 light bars & nice auxiliary fuse box is my light bar install on my L4060hstc years ago. I love the light, but if I have to do it over again I'd probably just go with 4 mini LED bars. Less wiring, less bracketry, welding & general work. I use the bars a decent bit, but not as much as I'd expected. Good quality 4" cubes or 4" x 8" mini bars on each corner would be enough.

I don't plow or blow in heavy blowing snow, but expect my bars would blind me if I tried with them on. Headlights wouldn't be enough (except when I lifted my stainless plow, then they would be plenty to blind me).

/ LED Light Bar #13  
I went with a 42 inch Rigid led on my new Kubota 1100.Throws out a lot of light.
tempImage0Pjf4d.jpg

/ LED Light Bar #14  
In case this thread attracts others not only looking for snow time, I have a light bar on the front and one on the back of the top of my ROPS (one forward, one backwards). I lost a headlight and don't care, it's superfluous.

I'll note that a single light bar isn't ideal for backhoe work, however; I plan to get a couple combo spot/floods like were posted previously. Maybe two pairs... one front, one back.... but I think I should probably also do a sub-fuse-box so I can clean up the wiring!

/ LED Light Bar #15  
In case this thread attracts others not only looking for snow time, I have a light bar on the front and one on the back of the top of my ROPS (one forward, one backwards). I lost a headlight and don't care, it's superfluous.

I'll note that a single light bar isn't ideal for backhoe work, however; I plan to get a couple combo spot/floods like were posted previously. Maybe two pairs... one front, one back.... but I think I should probably also do a sub-fuse-box so I can clean up the wiring!

The curved bars I put on mine are both. Focused spot in the middle, then a crinkled reflector on the outer third of LEDs on each side (in addition to being on the outside of the curve). Gets you spot & flood in one. Not sure what size those combo units start being an option.

/ LED Light Bar #16  
The Brighter the better. I have 13" bar lights front and back on my tractor and am happy with them. Recently added 20" on my UTV. I find the 13's are brighter even with less Lumens because they act more like high beams instead of a spread floodlight like the 20". The 13" units are cheaper and better lighting for my dollar.

Snowblowing with the bar lights is excellent.

/ LED Light Bar #17  
Have any of you felt that you had too much light at night with blowing snow? I've had it so bright and with the blowing snow was completely lost and drove off the pavement well into the field it was blowing so hard. I've only lived here for 30 and constructed the driveway 34 years ago so its not like I don't know my way.
I have to agree that there are times when more light is not better. It comes from living in a wind tunnel. There are times I shut down all the lights and I can see better once my eyes adjust than with the lights on.

/ LED Light Bar #18  

Mine have 6 modes controlled by a yellow wire. I connected the yellow wire to a momentary rocker and switch the led to yellow or yellow/white to not blind my helpers and see in the snow.

/ LED Light Bar #19  
I disconnected my factory headlights right behind the housing and ran the wire up the ROPS to two of the LED cubes, one on each side. Allowed me to have light over the loader bucket. Highly recommend the modification. Use the tractor year round and of course it's dark at 5:30pm come December here so it does get used for snow removal on a regular basis.

/ LED Light Bar #20  
When I was changing the LED lights on my tractor I used the wrong LED drivers, look out for that. The wrong power supply type for LED lights is a bigger issue than you might think. I bought the lights I wanted to change to off Joom and the power supply was mismatched with the light. After some time the lights stopped working. I looked into this issue and found that I was not the only one to have experienced it, it’s actually quite common. When buying the lights you should make sure the driver is the right one or you should buy one yourself. I usually buy the ecopac led driver.

Last edited: