LED Electrical question on my JD?

/ LED Electrical question on my JD? #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
Hi all,

I recently replaced the amber and red lightbulbs on my ropes with LEDS. I have a JD 4320 and it is giving me error codes 61 & 65.

The lights work great, but now I have a flashing light on my dash and error codes, but only for the right side. Is this something I should worry about?
I hate to change them back because they do work better and make the tractor more noticeable.

Thanks
Dave

398519745_307992385351099_8467824512326952015_n.jpg

/ LED Electrical question on my JD? #2  
it'll drive you nuts seeing that all the time. See if you can find the same bulb # with an internal resistor, it'll just advertise that is compatible and not throw codes.

Your tractor is looking for resistance from the old style bulb to sense it is not blown, and LEDs don't have that internal resistance. there are mods you can do (resistor kits), but I'd just try to find a compatible LED.

Search for your bulb number and "led bulb with built in resistor" those shouldn't throw any codes.

Or you can wire in a resistor, but that's a lot of trouble Amazon.com : led load resistors for led turn signal lights

Just find the right bulbs with built in load resistors

My new truck would not recognize my trailer with LEDs. i.e. wouldn't kick on tow mode, trailer not recognized and a bunch of weird stuff. Had to buy a 7 way adapter with resistors built in, and problem solved. ... "intelligent vehicle bulb sensors" my butt!

Last edited: