latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
We liked them both, full-size had quite a bit more power and a slightly stiffer ride. Both very low road an engine noise. No shock the Sport's ride was more like a nice SUV. I thought operator visibility was slightly better in the FS one.

Sport is the smaller one

Last edited:
   / latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #93  
You obviously have a larger wallet than I do... I seriously believe new vehicle prices are going to drop appreciably in the coming months or the automakers are going to get into a serious layoff situation. The current new vehicle pricing is not sustainable.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #95  
Amazing, Arly asked a pretty specific question about Broncos. It seems like you always get thread drift but this is ridiculous. I’ve got a Dodge Challenger, maybe that’s what Arly is looking for?
:ROFLMAO:

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #96  
One in 5 posts are concerning the new Bronco. Should I just give up? Or start a new thread and call it "really about the new Bronco"? :(
:ROFLMAO:

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #97  
Looks like Saturday am we'll be testing both versions and I'll try get some photos. Check engine light came back on in our Element. Does that on a regular bases. :eek:
Look forward to your posts about them.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #98  
I seriously need to educate myself. Even in the pics I see no difference. Can you give us specs on the two, i.e., wheelbase, width, weight, etc.? Thanks Arly.

I seriously need to educate myself. Even in the pics I see no difference. Can you give us specs on the two, i.e., wheelbase, width, weight, etc.? Thanks Arly.
The Ford Bronco and the Ford Bronco Sport share a nameplate and some exterior styling cues, but underneath, they're very different. Nonetheless, because both SUVs tap into a sense of nostalgia for older Ford products, there's understandably some confusion among shoppers as to what those key differences are. Comparing the Bronco vs. Bronco Sport, we've highlighted 10 different aspects and how you can expect them to impact the ownership experience.

Pricing: Bronco vs. Bronco Sport​

If you're looking to pinch pennies, start with the Bronco Sport. Its starting price, in the base trim, is $28,910 (including destination). At the top tier of Bronco Sport trim levels, you'll find trims such as the Badlands. We recently tested a well-equipped Bronco Sport Badlands and the as-tested price came in at $38,445.

The Bronco has two configurations: two-door and four-door. It starts a bit higher at base trim levels, with a starting price of $30,795 (including destination) for the two-door model. The four-door Bronco, in the same base trim level, is priced at $34,945 (with destination). With a full suite of off-roading hardware, the First Edition trim level we tested came in with an as-tested price of $62,605. That's a big difference between the two, and the standard Bronco will have to do a lot to prove its worth.
Ford Bronco Sport

Ford Bronco Sport

Exterior dimensions: Bronco vs. Bronco Sport​

Worried about parking your Bronco in a tight space? Or whether it will fit in your garage? Well, here are the important numbers. The Bronco Sport measures 172.7 inches in length from bumper to bumper — just over 14 feet. The two-door Bronco is very similar, measuring 173.7 inches in length. The four-door Bronco is considerably longer, at 189.4 inches.

For context, the Bronco Sport is similarly sized to pint-size SUVs like the Honda HR-V (170 inches) and the Subaru Crosstrek (176 inches). Interestingly, the Bronco Sport's Ford Escape platform-mate is roughly 8 inches longer, so if you're looking at the Escape vs. Bronco Sport, it's worth noting that the Escape will take up significantly more of a parking space or your garage. The four-door Bronco, meanwhile, is closer to midsize vehicles like the four-door Jeep Wrangler (188 inches) and the Honda Passport (189 inches).

Powertrains and performance: Bronco vs. Bronco Sport​

Both the Bronco and the Bronco Sport offer a choice of two powertrains. The standard engine in a Bronco Sport is a turbocharged 1.5-liter three-cylinder that produces 181 hp and 190 lb-ft of torque. It's not a tower of power, but it's respectable for an SUV of its size. The optional engine is a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that cranks it way up to 250 hp and 277 lb-ft. During Edmunds' testing, a Bronco Sport with this optional engine went from zero to 60 mph in 7.2 seconds — a good number for its class.

The bigger Bronco gets considerably more power from both its base and optional engine. The base engine is a turbocharged 2.3-liter four-cylinder that makes 300 hp and 325 lb-ft. The optional powertrain is a turbocharged 2.7-liter V6 that puts out 330 hp and 415 lb-ft. During Edmunds' testing, a Bronco with the V6 covered 0-60 mph in just 6.7 seconds. This is an impressive number when you consider the Bronco's size as well as the off-road-oriented tires that were fitted to our test vehicle.
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Picture

2021 Ford Bronco Sport Picture

Just read an industry pundit who said both types of bronco sales have declined and that was predicted to happen. That is the people who tend to buy them have, so sales will decline. Having said that the sport version is in competition with the cr-v and Rave type vehicles and the full size bronco is larger and in a different class.