latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
We don't really take any of our vehicles off road. We do drive in snow and tow trailers with them.
1701480713907.jpeg

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #82  
If towing in snow is your main use for 4x4, you'd be better off with a vehicle with a larger tow rating. From the picture it looks like you're set up to do that.

The "tow package" in the Bronco consists of a 2-inch receiver and a 4/7 pin wiring harness prewire - you provide the brake controller. The tow capacity depends on the Bronco model and optional equipment maxing out at 3500 pounds in the standard models and 4500 pounds in a Raptor. When configured with options and accessories, most Broncos have a tow rating of about 3,000 pounds.

You're much better off with a 4x4 pickup with a tow package. If you need to carry more people, get a crew cab version.

If towing in snow is your main use for 4x4, you'd be better off with a vehicle with a larger tow rating. From the picture it looks like you're set up to do that.

The "tow package" in the Bronco consists of a 2-inch receiver and a 4/7 pin wiring harness prewire - you provide the brake controller. The tow capacity depends on the Bronco model and optional equipment maxing out at 3500 pounds in the standard models and 4500 pounds in a Raptor. When configured with options and accessories, most Broncos have a tow rating of about 3,000 pounds.

You're much better off with a 4x4 pickup with a tow package. If you need to carry more people, get a crew cab version.
We already knew what its tow ratings were. We are not buying a 2nd truck.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #84  
We already knew what its tow ratings were. We are not buying a 2nd truck.
I don't know what you know and what you don't know - and you've provided zero information as to your use for the vehicle. You asked for a "review" of the Bronco, that's what you're getting. You stated you drive trucks in snow and tow with them. Since I'm not psychic, I gave you towing information on the Bronco. Now, why do you think you want a Bronco if you're not going to drive it off-road? It's a waste of a vehicle for a mall crawler as there are at least 10 other vehicles that do mall crawling better - and are 4wd.

You'd be far more stylish in a Lexus TX at the mall...

Last edited:
We need modest towing capability like at least 3000lbs, snow clearance and utility. Style has minimal input. We have really liked our 2019 ranger and thought we'd give this model a chance.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #87  
The little Bronco is too much of a “toy” for even small time serious towing.
It would wear out quickly as a weekly towing vehicle. Frame & drivetrain are too light duty for anything much more than a single axle trailer with a jet ski, motorcycle, etc.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #88  
Time to purchase a quality scan tool and diagnose the issue and extinguish it and not with a chunk of black electrical tape either because that 'idiot' light didn't illuminate for no reason.

Putting tape over ANY illuminated idiot light makes that owner a bigger idiot than the light will ever be.

Even HF sells pretty good scan tools in their stores, I say pretty good, not excellent like a professional quality scan tool (OBD accessible and interface able).

Myself, I have an Autel scan tool and it's the size of a tablet and it not only diagnoses fault codes, it pinpoints the failed component and will extinguish any idiot light, reset and reprogram your TPMS sensors and many other things as well. Not a cheap date by a long shot (the HF scan tools are mostly). My Autel set me back almost a grand but it's constantly updated by Autel for the latest vehicles via USB cable and your laptop or desktop computer. Actually same thing applies to the Harbor Freight scan tools but the Autel scan tool doagnoses 10 times the stuff the HF scan tools can, but then you also get to pay for it. I do believe the Snap-On scan tool is made by Autel and rebranded Snap-On.
Did you really think I was serious? You didn’t see the winking emoji?