latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #71  
Built Ford Proud! 🌈

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
Looks like Saturday am we'll be testing both versions and I'll try get some photos. Check engine light came back on in our Element. Does that on a regular bases. :eek:

Last edited:
   / latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #74  
Looks like Saturday am we'll be testing both versions and I'll try get some photos. Check engine light came back on in our Element. Does that on a regular bases. :eek:
Time to purchase a quality scan tool and diagnose the issue and extinguish it and not with a chunk of black electrical tape either because that 'idiot' light didn't illuminate for no reason.

Putting tape over ANY illuminated idiot light makes that owner a bigger idiot than the light will ever be.

Even HF sells pretty good scan tools in their stores, I say pretty good, not excellent like a professional quality scan tool (OBD accessible and interface able).

Myself, I have an Autel scan tool and it's the size of a tablet and it not only diagnoses fault codes, it pinpoints the failed component and will extinguish any idiot light, reset and reprogram your TPMS sensors and many other things as well. Not a cheap date by a long shot (the HF scan tools are mostly). My Autel set me back almost a grand but it's constantly updated by Autel for the latest vehicles via USB cable and your laptop or desktop computer. Actually same thing applies to the Harbor Freight scan tools but the Autel scan tool doagnoses 10 times the stuff the HF scan tools can, but then you also get to pay for it. I do believe the Snap-On scan tool is made by Autel and rebranded Snap-On.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #75  
Time to purchase a quality scan tool and diagnose the issue and extinguish it and not with a chunk of black electrical tape either because that 'idiot' light didn't illuminate for no reason.

Putting tape over ANY illuminated idiot light makes that owner a bigger idiot than the light will ever be.

I wish you'd come talk to the guys at our County shop. Our Search and Rescue unit is assigned 4 County-owned vehicles - a Tahoe, a Suburban, and 2 - 3/4 ton GMC pickups. Check engine lights have been illuminated on all of them for years. Guys at the shop tell us to not worry about them.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #76  
I've owned a 1971, 1985, 1992, and a 2023 Bronco. I custom ordered a 2023 WildTrak with the Lux Package in late April 2023 and it was delivered in early September 2023. I paid MSRP.

The 2023 is far better than the original 1971 Bronco and the other Broncos I've owned in many ways, including going off-road. The most luxurious version I've had was the 1992 Eddie Bauer edition, however, the 2023 is faster, more nimble, and better off-road. For reference, the 1992 had a 351 V8 (5.8 liter). It was 200 HP and 300 lb-ft of torque. The 2023 Bronco has a 2.7 liter V6. It is 330 HP and 410 lb-ft of torque. Ford makes a Performance Tuner for it (which I've had installed) that increases the horsepower to 355 and the torque to 433 - and the motor and drivetrain still carry the full factory warranty because it's a Ford Performance product installed by a Ford dealer.

I chose the WildTrak version because, other than the Raptor, it had the best suspension and 35-inch tires. But, it does not have a sway bar disconnect. You can get around that in several different ways. I chose to add Boss 4x4 "Walker Link" sway bar links that give about 1.5 inches of additional travel. For reference, the sway bar disconnect gives a little over 2 inches of additional travel.

Pros: It's fast, handles well, and goes off-road better than any other Bronco I've owned. It's comfortable and you can ride in it all day. I have the hardtop and have had no problems with the hardtop, although some owners of early versions did have some cracking problems.

Cons: It is noisier than the 1992 Eddie Bauer Bronco, but it is quieter than the 1971 (by a lot) and quieter than the 1985. The noise is wind noise from the frameless windows. You can get rid of most of the wind noise by adjusting the windows (there are access points under the doors to make window track adjustments) and resetting the up/down position which is done by lowering the window and holding the switch in the "down" position for 5 seconds, and then raising the window and holding the switch in the "up" position for 5 seconds.

So far, it's been a great vehicle. It can be easily modified as it has numerous places to add additional lights and has upfitter switches, has interior accessory attachment points including on the dashboard, and there is a large upfitter market for all kinds of accessories. Another bonus is if you understand the use of FORScan, you can make additional changes through programming.

On the road, the IFS makes it comfortable going over bumps and aids in steering as the truck does not wander like a solid front axle 4x4.

If I can answer any specific questions, please ask.

Would I buy it again? Yes - without hesitation. I like it, my wife likes it, and the dog likes it...

Last edited:
   / latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #77  
On the road, the IFS makes it comfortable going over bumps and aids in steering as the truck does not wander like a solid front axle 4x4.

You forgot the most important part...you'll never have to worry about "death wobble". Something I read an awful lot about on the Jeep Wrangler forums...and something I've experienced in my own Wrangler. Not fun.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #78  
You forgot the most important part...you'll never have to worry about "death wobble". Something I read an awful lot about on the Jeep Wrangler forums...and something I've experienced in my own Wrangler. Not fun.
Yes, I've had eight solid front axle 4x4s. Two of them had "death wobble" problems. It's not difficult to fix, but if you're going expressway speeds when it happens the first time - it certainly is an exciting ride until you slow down the vehicle.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #79  
I wish you'd come talk to the guys at our County shop. Our Search and Rescue unit is assigned 4 County-owned vehicles - a Tahoe, a Suburban, and 2 - 3/4 ton GMC pickups. Check engine lights have been illuminated on all of them for years. Guys at the shop tell us to not worry about them.
It’s usually just a sensor.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #80  
Never test drove one but at the local sand dunes here in Western MI, commonly called silver lake, Ford had their raptor bronco or their other offroad bronco out. They driver was doing tunes. Damn thing was impressive off road. The lightning not so impressive.

Ford had their 1 ton chase truck to assist and let's just say they didn't worry about the bronco, just the ev truck.