latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
There is 'off road' and then there is 'off road'. The Bronco sport has limited ground clearance and limited suspension travel as well. Just a poser vehicle, nothing much more.
No idea who you are responding to. Where we reside, we see snowy roads for 4 months out of the year and use snow tires. Our goal is to stay on the road

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #152  
Same here, not that far 'climate wise' from you. Our philosophy is, when the roads are snow covered and slippery, we stay home or my wife motors her Suburban 4x4 and I ride in the heated leather jump seat. Something about a Suburban with a full length ladder frame instills confidence in us.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
Same here, not that far 'climate wise' from you. Our philosophy is, when the roads are snow covered and slippery, we stay home or my wife motors her Suburban 4x4 and I ride in the heated leather jump seat. Something about a Suburban with a full length ladder frame instills confidence in us.
Wow, some folks live in a small world. We average about 200 more.
-------------------------------
If you're in the Southeast MI you'll average snowfall is between 37 to 57 inches per year.

Last edited:
   / latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #154  
There are a billion reasons why you'll find a newer, low mileage, used vehicle. If there wasn't, well, the used market would be even more of a shyte show. Off-lease, former rentals, unexpected babies, hell they may have liked it so much they moved up to the larger model.

I knew of a fellow back in my Army days that purchased a gorgeous Camaro, and within two months traded it in on a crew-cab half-ton; why? Baby.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #155  
Well, a Wrangler or Bronco isn't going anywhere close to 30 MPG. So let's use realistic numbers.

1200 miles/19 miles per gallon = 63 gallons of gas @ $3.50/gallon = $220 per month

1200 miles/17.5 miles per gallon = 68.5 gallons of gas @ $3.50/gallon = $240 per month

Obviously as prices go up savings goes up and vise versa.
It sure will, I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, with the diesel, and I get 30 mpg on the highway, easy. And with the 442 FT LB you get a good kick in the pants, and it comes with 33" tires.

IMG_0126.jpg

Last edited:
   / latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #156  
Low mileage.. they give salesman new cars to drive for exposure..and then they get turned in at 10-20k miles
to be sold as “used”..

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #157  
I have owned and driven jeeps for 45 years, latest one is a Gladiator, out to Montana and back and down to Texas and back, no problems at all on the highways at 80mph.
I'm not saying they can't do it, but just that they're a miserable experience on the highway, compared to almost every over vehicle I've ever owned.

I loved the Wranglers and CJ's for tooling around town, or off roading, they're an absolute blast for all of that. But always preferred the sedan or pickup for highway, for both comfort and safety. A hard top would have made it slightly less miserable, all of ours were ragtops, but they're still short stubby little things that just bounce around way too much at 80 mph.

And I'll take my chances in evasive maneuvers at 80 mph better in almost any vehicle over a Wrangler or CJ. Talk about a death trap, swerving around a delaminating truck tire tread at that speed. :rolleyes:

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #158  
I'm not saying they can't do it, but just that they're a miserable experience on the highway, compared to almost every over vehicle I've ever owned.
So true. Short wheelbase, sitting up high over a solid front axle is just not conducive to good highway manners. Although - the longer the wheelbase the better the highway manners, which makes the Gladiator the better highway vehicle over the Wrangler.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #159  
So true. Short wheelbase, sitting up high over a solid front axle is just not conducive to good highway manners. Although - the longer the wheelbase the better the highway manners, which makes the Gladiator the better highway vehicle over the Wrangler.
A good friend put a CJ on its side on the interstate at about 70mph. Somehow it slid to a stop on the shoulder and both of my friends walked away with minor scratches. Larger than stock tires probably contributed to the incident along with inattentive driving.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #160  
A good friend put a CJ on its side on the interstate at about 70mph. Somehow it slid to a stop on the shoulder and both of my friends walked away with minor scratches. Larger than stock tires probably contributed to the incident along with inattentive driving.
We put a CJ on its side jumping railroad tracks at an elevated crossing, not far from kenmbz's neighborhood, when I was a teen. Stood it back up, made sure everyone was okay, and then proceeded jumping the same tracks over, and over, and over... :D