latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #131  
On my 2018 Wrangler, the ESS feature quit working. It took 4 weeks for me to get it into a dealership for repair. During that time, I saw a MPG loss of around 1.5. I hand calculate and log all my fill-ups with Fuelly.com. As soon as they got my ESS feature working again my mileage weekly returned to normal. That made me a believer.

1.5 MPG might not sound like much, but for the average U.S. driver at current fuel prices you're talking $20 bucks per month easily which is enough to cover my annual taxes on the vehicle.

Not sure why people loathe features that put money back into their pockets, but whatever.....
Not sure about the $20/month @ 1.5 mile increase.

Average 30 mpg for 1200 miles, $3.50/gal. = 40 gal. x $3.50 = $140

Average 31.5 mpg for 1200 miles, 3.50/gal. = 38 gal. X $3.50 = $133

Saving $7/month

Your mileage may vary.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #132  
Well, a Wrangler or Bronco isn't going anywhere close to 30 MPG. So let's use realistic numbers.

1200 miles/19 miles per gallon = 63 gallons of gas @ $3.50/gallon = $220 per month

1200 miles/17.5 miles per gallon = 68.5 gallons of gas @ $3.50/gallon = $240 per month

Obviously as prices go up savings goes up and vise versa.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #133  
When my siblings and I were all still living at mom's, we had a few of each, and my experience with them was a bit different than yours. There are few vehicles that suck more for highway driving than a Jeep of any flavor. CJ's, Wranglers, Saharas, Renegades... they all suck, once you put them on asphalt at highway speed. Great fun for light off-roading (stock) or tooling around town at local speed, but that's about it.

... and I also owned a Bronco, but too old to be of any interest to the OP.
I have owned and driven jeeps for 45 years, latest one is a Gladiator, out to Montana and back and down to Texas and back, no problems at all on the highways at 80mph.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
New thread guys? Or so should I start a new one about new ford Broncos?

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #135  
Hasnt the eco boost not been the most reliable powerplant for Ford? My neighbor has one that blew at like 30,000 miles, and I seem to recall reading about it's lack of reliability

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #136  
This can be deleted, it's not the place for my ramblings.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #137  
Hasnt the eco boost not been the most reliable powerplant for Ford? My neighbor has one that blew at like 30,000 miles, and I seem to recall reading about it's lack of reliability

The first generation 3.5 EcoBoost had some issues, but I'm under the impression the second generation has fixed those issues. Perhaps it introduced more? 😥

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews.
The EcoBoost has been out for many years now and seems that F has got them pretty darn dependable. I checked on them back when we got our Ranger in 2019 and seen the same thing. Some guys had them for 200,000 without grief.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #139  
My
Well, a Wrangler or Bronco isn't going anywhere close to 30 MPG. So let's use realistic numbers.

1200 miles/19 miles per gallon = 63 gallons of gas @ $3.50/gallon = $220 per month

1200 miles/17.5 miles per gallon = 68.5 gallons of gas @ $3.50/gallon = $240 per month

Wrangler with the 3.6 V6 and the 8 spend transmission averages 21-23 mpg, but I don’t do a lot of city driving.

/ latest Ford Bronco? Need reviews. #140  

Sorry, thought they were talking Bronco Sport, 28 highway