L3800 Bucket urgent question

/ L3800 Bucket urgent question #1  

eyi

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
Hi all,

Haven't received my freshly ordered L3800 yet but it's coming. I realize I may have missed an important issue. I took for granted that the bucket could be removed very rapidly being kind of a Kubota "trade mark". After a little bit more internet yesterday, I finally understood the "skid steer" system and realized it is an option.

For sure the loader is "quick detach" on those tractors but what about the bucket ? How does it work if I don't have the skid steer option ? Is it a pain to remove it on the latest model ? My point is forks is one of the next things I was inclined to buy and obviously don't want to spend too much time switching it.

Thanks, haven't call the dealer yet. Would like to have TBN opinion before.

/ L3800 Bucket urgent question #2  
You better call the dealer ASAP. I believe if you did not order the SSQA option than the bucket is pinned on, and that's a PITA if you want forks or a grapple.

/ L3800 Bucket urgent question #3  
its a Kioti trademark. really its a skid steer mount.

/ L3800 Bucket urgent question #4  
Agreed without a SSQA changing buckets is a lot of trouble, call and get your order changed to include it and you might want to have them weld some hooks on if you haven't already.

/ L3800 Bucket urgent question #6  
Yep. Call the dealer ASAP. They can install the SSQA and bucket. Might set you back a little on receiving the tractor. But if you plan on switching between bucket and forks frequently, you really want the SSQA. Without it, it requires driving out 4 pins and lining them back up again. Easily an hour job the first time.

/ L3800 Bucket urgent question #7  
You might luck up. When I bought mine, that was all the dealer had on the lot and all that he orders to begin with. SSQA is very handy and simple. I have removed the bucket for space constraints many times, but have never removed my loader, although it looks easy as well. And heed the advice from RRR, get hooks welded on. I use them frequently. Never thought I would, but dealer put them on for me. I chain stuff up and move it more than I ever thought I would.

/ L3800 Bucket urgent question #8  
I don't have SSQA and don't want it. I remove the complete FEL in less than 5 minutes and it stays off until I need it.

But if you are goin to swap back and forth from bucket to forks a lot, you do want SSQA!

The bucket isn't that difficult to removes and install with the pins, but I wouldn't want to do it often.

/ L3800 Bucket urgent question
Thank you very much for your many rapid replies. It has confirmed me that I need the skid steer. Job done with the dealer..skid steer is coming !

Thanks again

/ L3800 Bucket urgent question #10  
Thank you very much for your many rapid replies. It has confirmed me that I need the skid steer. Job done with the dealer..skid steer is coming !

Thanks again

You wont regret it. I spent $1000 to get it after the fact.. I don't own that tractor any more. but I used it a lot when I did have it to switch from forks to bucket sometimes several times a day.