kx71 vs kx91

/ kx71 vs kx91 #1  

mooch

I will be getting a new mini exc. I have been renting an exc 2-3 times per year for a while and am ready to buy. My main projects are ditches, digging trenches for water lines and drainage (in pasture for cattle). I also cut firewood. I usually have polewood delivered and plan to have a hyd thumb on either machine. I dont want to spend the extra money if I would never notice the difference but dont want to regret it in the future. Is there anything I want to do that the 91 would be too big for? Could I pick up a 20 foot oak log to cut with the 71? I had initially looked at the u15 but boy did it seem small for what I want to do.

/ kx71 vs kx91 #3  
I have the u15 and a kx 161, bought them both new... The u15 amazes everyone including myself with what it can do... I also cut firewood for our home heat and I run whatever machine happens to be there to help process the wood, I have lifted logs like you mentioned easily with the smaller ex so to answer your question yes it will do the job..
Be careful lifting long logs though, the machine can easily lift enough log to bend the boom if it is off centred or if you swing it around quickly.
I would chose the 91 over the 71 though, you can never have enough machine and they do both spec out similar in the weight class so why not go with the bigger one